Chapter Thirty Nine

39

Family is where life begins and love never ends'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

"Lily, meet my family..."

I stared at the people before me in bewilderment. Xavier's mother stared at me,a quizzical look in her eyes.

She looked like a nice person, but I could tell by the look on her face that she was a fierce woman, and I knew I didn't want to get on her bad side.

I watched as the woman suddenly lunged forward and started to yell in Xavier's face. "Xavier Mathew Red Blood, why didn't you tell me you have found your mate,"his mother yelled.

I laughed at the sight of my mate being yelled at by his mother. It was a funny sight. My laugh made Xavier's mum turn around to face me.

She observed me for a while before engulfing me in a tight hug. I hugged her back, relishing in the feeling of the motherly feeling she gave me.

"Isabella, you're suffocating her dear."a deep voice said behind me. I broke apart to see Xavier's father.

He shared a look with Xavier,an unknown emotion in his eyes before turning back towards me and extending his hand.

"I'm Adam, Xavier's father. Nice to meet you,"he said.

I could tell that he was used to being formal with people. I hesitantly shook his hand before introducing myself to him.

A squeal came from behind me before a girl who looked to be in her teens hugged me tightly. I could tell she was Xavier's younger sister.

"Alright, Amanda,I think that's enough hugging,"Xavier's mother said.

"Lily, this is my younger brother Liam,"Xavier said, introducing me to his brother. They both looked identical to Xavier except their eyes.

Xavier's deep red orbs didn't match his siblings' hazel eyes at all.

"Hi sweetheart,how are you doing?"Liam flirted.

I laughed at his failed attempts at wooing me. He looked about a year older than Amanda was.

"Xavy,"Amanda yelled before throwing herself at him.

It was nice to see Xavier so carefree around his family, but I did notice how Xavier was very tense around his father. He was very stand offish with his dad and only exchanged a nod with his dad in greeting.

"Hey,Amanda."Xavier ruffled his sister's hair.

Amanda smacked his hand away. "Stop doing that. I'm fourteen now,you need to stop treating me like a baby,"Amanda complained.

"You better not be talking to any boys at school, or I will hunt them down and kill them,"Xavier joked, but I could tell he was serious.

"Xavier, I can take care of myself. I don't need you worrying about me, and I can talk to boys if I want to you,"his sister replied sasily.

"Alright, everyone,me and Lily will be going to start making dinner while you men have a chat,"Isabella said, giving her mate a look.

She dragged me into the kitchen, and Amanda followed swiftly behind us. Isabella started to get food out of the fridge.

She started chopping up some vegetables before she began talking to me. "So Lily, tell me how did you and my son meet each other?"

"Oh,I,u. I was trying to escape my pack and ended up stumbling across Xavier,"I said sheepishly.

I knew she would just ask questions about why I had run from my pack, and I didn't want to answer them, but I felt like I didn't want to lie to Isabella.

"Let me guess,you heard the rumours about my son,"Isabella said, shocking me at her reply.

I was shocked because she hadn't asked about my past, and she respected that I didn't want to talk about it, but I was also shocked at her words.

She was the mother of Xavier, so she surely knew the rumours and stories that surrounded him.

"I don't know what you're talking about,"I deflected.

I didn't want her to be put off by me. Xavier was my mate,and it was frowned upon by werewolves to look down on your mate.

"You don't need to lie me,I have experienced first handedly what a monster my son can be...."