Chapter Thirty four

'Let your heart tear down the walls your mind built up'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

The ceremony was now over,but the celebrations had just begun. Loud music played out of the speakers as the pack danced.

I drank my drink as I passed pack members. People patted my back, congratulating me on becoming their Luna.

All I did was smile back at them and continued to walk through the crowd of people.

Elisa was dancing with Thomas,both of them looking like they were having a lot of fun.

Xavier had quickly disappeared as soon as I had been announced the Luna. I hadn't seen him since, and no matter how much I didn't want to admit it,I missed his presence.

I stood at the back of the room, where it was more peaceful. I never cared for busy celebrations like these.

I was still exhausted from fighting Clarissa earlier, and I was beginning to get tired. I sipped my drink, savouring the sour taste.

It fizzed in my tongue, making me want to gag, but I still swallowed it. A tap on my shoulder brought me out of my thoughts.

I turned to see Elisa standing behind me. "Where's that sexy alpha of yours gotten to ?"Elisa asked,her words slurred a bit.

I knew she had a bit toonmuch to drink, so I started to look around for Thomas. "Your hair is so pretty,"Elisa giggled,starting to touch my hair.

My eyes finally spotted Thomas making his way over to us. "Sorry about her, Luna. I lost her a second,"He apologized before grabbing Elisa by waist.

"Come on, sweetheart, let's get back to the pack house,"he said,dragging his mate away.

"Thomas,do you know where Xavier is?"I asked.

Thomas nodded before pointing towards the woods. I thanked him before walking through the wooded area of the forest.

It was a little bit chilly now,a chilly breeze brushing against my bare shoulders. I came across a small lake, and the moon's reflection appeared in the water as I stared at it.

Suddenly, my eyes landed on a figure emerging above the water. I watched as Xavier appeared above the water, brushing back his now damp hair.

I knew it was Xavier.

I watched in awe as Xavier laid on his back and closed his eyes. As he took a long, deep breath in,my eyes remained fixated on his defined abs and his chest.

He looked relaxed and not like the emotionless alpha that was cold and distanced himself from others.

I was so intransed by the sight of my mate being like this that I didn't notice myself take a step closer to Xavier.

I kept walking forwards,unaware of the water that I was mere inches from. As I took my third step forward,I lost my footing and fell head first into the river.

I was instantly submerged in the water,my dress now drenched and clinging tightly to my body.

I was still under the water,my body still in shock at hitting the water,when two strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me up to the surface.

Xavier stared down at me,his brows scrunched together and lines on his forehead, showing as he took in my appearance.

"Lily, what are you doing here? You could catch a cold in this water. Do you have any idea of how dangerous that was -"Xavier cut himself off as he took notice of me being unresponsive.

My eyes were currently fixated on his lips,my urge and yearning becoming more tempting by each second. I stared at his plump lips before looking at my mate as if for reassurance.

One glance from Xavier was all it took for me to crash my lips onto his own. He kissed me back,our lips joining together as one.

I didn't miss the warm feeling that spread throughout the whole of my body,the sparks rushing up my arms at the contact.

I had been yearning for this moment for so long. I was worried, though, that things would go back to how they were before,where Xavier was cold,distant, and basically ignored me.

I savoured the moment,my hands tangling in Xavier's gorgeous dark hair as he held my waist and held me against him.

We finally pulled apart,our chests heaving from the lack of oxygen in our lungs. I breathed in deeply and caught my breath before turning to Xavier.

He was about to say something when a pack member came charging towards us at full speed.

"Alpha, we are being attacked..."