chapter sixty nine

* A few moments before the previous chapter took place*

Xavier's Pov

I stared at the warriors of my pack. Their eyes fell to the floor in respect for me,their kneck tilted to the side to show their complete submission to me.

"You may rise your heads,"I growled out the order in frustration, wanting their eyes level with mine so that I could see that they understood the severity of the situation.

They slowly looked up,some of the soldiers looking nervous to see if I was tricking them.

I wasn't, though.

"As you know,our pack is being attacked. Your Luna is in danger,and it is your duty to protect her at all costs. The pack is counting on you,we will not let them down!"I announced, and the warriors cheered in agreement at my words.

Looking at my father and brother,I saw my dad patting Xander on the back, and I had to look away as my anger spiked again.

Even if my parents knew the truth,they wouldn't believe me anyway.  Xander has always been their pride and joy,their perfect child that did everything right.

The only reason I hadn't killed him yet was because my parents would resent me. They would be reminded of what a monster their son is, and I would be completely disowned by them.

They didn't know the truth of what happened to Mirabella that day, not even Lily knew what happened to my old mate.

I hadn't told Lily because it didn't seem right to talk about my old mate to my current mate.

Who's to say she would believe me anyway?

I snapped out of my thoughts, and I focused on what I had to do. I had to protect my mate,my only source of happiness.

Whoever was behind will suffer greatly when I get a hold of them.

I have to protect Lily at any cost.  She has already been put through so much,she doesn't need this either.

At least she and Elisa are safe,though.

I turned to Thomas, and he approached me. "The rogues are only a few seconds away from attacking us,alpha. We need to get ready for the attack,"Thomas told me, and I nodded.

I took notice of the look in Thomas's eyes.  To anyone who looked at him,they would see a strong beta willing to do anything to protect his pack,but I saw through the facade that Thomas had put up.

He was scared,and I didn't blame him at all.

Like him,I, too, was scared about what the outcome of this vartle would be. I wanted to make sure my mate was okay,but i had to take care of this first.

But also, unlike Thomas,I kew how to hide my fear. I knew how to bury  into the pit of my stomach, hiding it from plain sight.

So when I killed whoever was behind this,they wouldn't see a weak,worried alpha.

They would see nothing but the true reason why I was called the Blood Alpha,and I rekish in seeing the fear in their eyes as well as the realization that they made a foolish mistake threatening to take my mate mate away from me.

"Positions, "I yelled, and my warriors did as they were ordered.

And then I heard it.

The pitter patter of harsh numerous paws pending on the floor,coming our way.

"Get ready,"I instructed as the rogues cane into our view.  "On the count on the three,"I yelled.

"One,"some people started to shift.

"Two,"some let out howls and growls of anticipation.

"Three,"I said.

And then we ran forwards at full speed into the battle...