Chapter two

'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself '

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

There have only ever been a handful of werewolves that have claimed to have stared at death itself.

I could never truly understand what it would be like to encounter death,let alone stare at it.

Yet,in this moment,I completely understood what those werewolves had felt when they had stared at death itself.

The feeling of goosebumps popping up all over your body,a cold shiver quivering down your spine at the speed of light.

The feeling of an undescribable fear flashing before your eyes and the feeling of the unknown weighing down on your shoulders.

I had heard many stories about the Red Blood Alpha. I knew what he was capable of. I knew how dangerous he was.

Except,none of these stories could've prepared me for what I was facing in this moment.

The Red Blood Alpha stared at me,a dangerous gleam in his scarlet red eyes. As I looked into his eyes,I felt a strange feeling pass through my body.

It felt like the whole world had stopped, and it was just the two of us. A shiver passed through my body, and I diverted my eyes to the ground.

His intense gaze never left me. His eyes were calculative,as if they were trying to figure me out.

A realization passed through me as I realized the only other reason I was feeling like this was because the Red Blood Alpha was none other than my mate.

I looked up, and it seemed like the truth had dawned on the alpha, too. He stared at me before an unnatural growl escaped him.

His chest vibrated, sending a wave of panic and fear over me. I knew the dangers that had lied ahead of the border when I had escaped my pack,but I didn't expect this.

No werewolf ever dared to leave their territory out of fear that the Red Blood Alpha was always prowling outside of the border.

I had escaped my pack to only encounter a new danger.

Bile rose in my throat as the Alpha started to stalk towards me,his jaw snapping fiercely.

Don't be scared of mate, my wolf reassured me.

My wolf didn't understand, though. I couldn't be mated to the Red Woods Alpha. It simply wasn't possible.

The wolf was now really close to me, its eyes only a centermetre from my own.

I was exhausted from running , and I felt a wave of tiredness come over me. My vision blurred , and black dots appeared in my vision.

I fell to the ground,my body collapsing.

Before I completely succumbed to the darkness,I saw the Red Blood Alpha staring at me.

I thought there would be a hint of sympathy or worry in the alpha's eyes , but I was greatly mistaken.

All I saw in his eyes was resentment...