Chapter Thirty Two

32

the kind of love is the one that makes you a better person without changing you into someone other than yourself '

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

I stopped myself at the last second. As I look down at the wolf underneath me,I don't feel pity or empathy.

All I feel is anger. Not at Clarissa, though. At me.

I stand paralyzed in my wolf form,an inner battle of conflict going on in my mind.

No matter how angry I was at Clarissa,I knew I couldn't kill her. I would be no better than she was.

I would never let myself stoop to her level.

I stared at her with distaste before finally making my decision. I step away from her body and look around at the pack around me.

Everyone looks at me with respect in their eyes. One by one,I watch as their heads dip down, everyone baring their neck at me in sign of respect.

I stand there shocked and dumbfounded. My gaze goes to Xavier,who also looks at me with respect and approval.

Xavier suddenly begins to stride over to me,his eyes never leaving mine. When he gets to where I stand,he smiled at me.

My heart warmed at the sight and watched as my mate's lips parted, showing he was about to address the pack.

"This is your Luna. Anyone who dares to challenge her or dares to disrespect her will answer to me."Xavier's voice booms around us.

The pack nods their heads before they are dismissed and begin to make their way back into the pack house.

Clarissa slowly got up from the floor,her head bowed and her legs tucked between her legs as she walked past me and Xavier.

As soon as we were alone,I collapsed on the floor. The cuts on my body had begun to heal, but I was tired from having to fight Clarissa.

As my body gives out,I see Xavier's red eyes staring at me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

When I opened my eyes,I was met with a calm silence. Sitting up,I see I am in an unfamiliar bedroom.

The walls are a dark shade grey,all the furniture in the room is rather plain but fit in with the dark theme of the bedroom.

Sitting up,I see the door of the bedroom open and Elisa stepped into the bedroom,a smile on her face.

"You took your time waking up."she said as she ran over to me. She grabbed my hand and pulled me upwards from the comfortable bed.

She lead me out of the room and lead me out into the hallway. "Where are we going?"I asked her curiously.

I was still exhausted from fighting Clarissa,some of the bruises from the fight were still littered all over my body.

"Alpha is holding the intiation for you becoming Luna,"Elissa explained.

I stopped in my tracks, confusion taking over me. "What are you waiting for? We have to get you ready,"Elissa rushed.

She dragged me into my old bedroom. I saw a few female pack members in the room,but my gaze landed on none other than Clarissa.

What is she doing here?