Chapter fifty

'I feel the worst when I am alone because that's when the monsters in my head say hello'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's Pov

I learned a long time ago that some people were just filled with lies and unkept promises. I had been let down by people I thought that I could trust.

I had been hurt by their actions and hadn't understood what I had done wrong for them to turn against me.

One thing it taught me, though,was I couldn't trust people easily anymore.

Once my trust was broken,it couldn't be rebuilt again. This was the case with my father. I knew my father and I knew that man I had called my dad had disappeared a long time ago.

After losing my mother,my father had been filled with grief, but he was still amazing to me even though my grandmother had taken over the main responsibility of looking after me.

After my grandmother was killed, though,my father became a completely different person.

I knew now that I couldn't trust a word he said. I wished things could be different. I wished we could have the relationship with each other that we used to have, but things couldn't go back to the way they were.

"Tell me what you actually want,"I said to him,as my heart cracked at knowing my father didn't truly want me back.

My father gave me an odd look before I saw what I was looking for in his eyes. His eyes flashed with realization as humour suddenly filled him.

He knew that he couldn't lie to me, so he gave up his act.

"Oh,Lily. You smart girl,I thought you were going to believe me then. I swear,I had rehearsed that speech over and over, yet I still can't fool you,can I?"My father laughed as if this was funny.

I looked away from him as he continued to giggle as his act. The truth hurt, but at least I was prepared for what my father had said to me.

"Sorry about that. Right,back to business. The pack has been recently attacked by a lot of rogues lately. I have sent out warriors to kill them off,but they were all killed, and the rogues seem to keep multiplying. I don't have many allies, but as soon as I heard that you were mates with the Red Blood alpha,I had to come. I want protection for my pack,"my father stated.

My mind started to go all over the place,as my thoughts started to play put in my head.

He doesn't want you

He doesn't care about you

You're not part of his pack

He is choosing his pack over you

The voices started to get louder as my vision blurred. I was used to my father's cold behaviour towards me, but that didn't mean that it hurt me any less that he chose his pack over his own daughter.

He just wanted to use me for his own personal gain.

The door suddenly slammed open, and Xavier entered the room. My eyes were blurring, and my vision was unclear as Xavier walked over to me.

"What did you do to her?!"Xavier growled at my father.

I was suddenly engulfed in warmth as Xavier hugged me tightly,my head buried in his chest as I cried.

It saddened me that my father didn't want me. He didn't care about me,nobody did.

"Calm down,flower. You're okay,I got you."As I heard those comforting words,I came back to reality.

Xavier wanted me.

I wanted him, too.

I wasn't alone.

"Thomas,take him to the dungeon. I will talk to him later,"Xavier said as his picked me up bridle style.

I was exhausted as Xavier carried me into his bedroom and laid me on  his bed.

"It's okay,flower,"Xavier soothed me. I fell asleep with one thought in my head.

I wasn't alone..