Chapter eighty three

Xavier's Pov

One month later

Things were starting to look up. My pack had been wary at first of Xander's pack joining,but after a bit of convincing, they had been persuaded.

The pack house has been expanded so  that the new pack members have rooms in the building, and they have been ranked accordingly.

As for my family, they were still getting over the death of my brother.

My parents were still processing everything, and my younger siblings were slowly getting used to only having one older sibling.

I knew it would take time for my parents to heal fully from Xander's death, and I respected that. For my parents' sake,I had someone collect Xander's body, and he was buried at the edge of the pack territory.

As for me,I was barely getting by. It had been a month since my mate had fallen unconscious.  A month since I last saw Lily's bright blue eyes and a month since I had fallen into a state of fear.

I was scared.

I was scared that I would lose my mate and that Lily would never wake up. It was hard leading a pack and pretending that you weren't falling apart from your mate's absence,but I had been doing it for so long now that I had become skilled in the act of covering up hoe I truly felt.

As an alpha, the pack needed me to be strong and focused on protecting them. I had to maintain that role even if my mate wasn't currently with me.

It was my duty to my pack.

I still visited Lily,though.

At the end of each day, I would go to the hospital wing at my pack, and I would sit beside my unconscious mate and talk to her as if she could hear me.

I knew she couldn't.

But in some way,it helped me to remain hopeful that she would wake up soon.

Elisa had visited Lily multiple times, and her and Thomas were excited about starting their family. Elisa had started to form a small prominent bump on her stomach, and since rescuing her,Thomas had become completely overprotective of her.

So as I sat next to my mate,my hand holding her own as I watched the heart monitor nearby beep every so often to show Lily's breathing, I began to tell my mate about my day,as I usually did.

"You know,I really miss you. I know you might not be able to hear me,love,but if you can,please wake up soon. The pack needs you,Lily. They keep asking about you, and Elisa always comes here to check up on you. She's excited about her baby on the way,but she misses still.  I miss you too,Lily.  I need you,I find it hard pretending that I am okay when i am around the pack, and it is getting harder and harder to keep being the alpha everyone needs me to be without you by my side,"I said, my eyes becoming blurry as I clutched onto Lily's hand.

"I need you,Lily.  I love you,"I whispered helplessly as my head bowed in hopelessness.

It remained silent for a few moments before I heard the rustling of bed sheets and Lily's hand gently squeezing mine.

I thought I was being deceived when I heard the gentle voice of mate mutter my name.

"Xavier,"Lily's voice resounded again, and I finally looked up,my body paralyzed as I my eyes met the familiar blue eyes of my mate.

"L-lily,"i whispered shakily before I quickly pulled her to me,hugging her tightly to my chest and enhaled her scent.

"I love you too,"she whispered back to me as she hugged me back. We stayed like that for a while,me relishing in the feeling of having my mate back in my arms after such a long time.

"What happened?"Lily asked, pointing to the bandages covering her neck.

I pulled back from her a little bit but still kept her in my arms. "Xander tried to put another claim on you over the mark I had already made.  Your body didn't react well to it,and your wolf shut down your body so she could heal you, "I explained to her, and she nodded.

"What happened to Xander?"she questioned, and I wadted no time in telling her what happened after she had fallen unconscious.

"He's dead,"she repeated in shock before she hugged me again in happiness, and I looked at her lips in lust.

She was quick to connect our lips together, and I kissed her hungrily,as I enjoyed the kiss thoroughly.

We were interrupted abruptly by the door opening and Elisa opening the door.

She froze as she saw Lily.  She processed what was happening before she quickly ran over to Lily,engulfing her into a tight hug.

"Lily!I missed you so much,you were gone for so long, nothing was the same without you,"Elisa squealed, and I smiled as the girls continued to talk.

"Elisa!"Lily shouted as she noticed the baby bump on Elisa's stomach. As Elisa began to tell my mate about her baby,I took it as my que to leave.

I smiled at my mate before I left the room.

My mate was finally awake, and I couldn't be happier...