Chapter fifty seven

Lily's Pov

"Lily,why didn't you tell me about it being your birthday?"Xavier asked me as I sat pm the bed on our bedroom.

He kept pacing the room,running his hands through his hair and sighing a lot.

"And what was your father talking about?"My mate questioned me, and I froze at his question.

No one here knew about my past.  I had just wanted a new fresh start here, where no one knew about my past or knew me and I could start a new life without any problems.

Was I really that willing to put that in jupity by telling my mate?

Would he think differently about me? I knew I hadn't been the cause of my mother and grandmother's death, but my pack treated me differently because they blamed me.

Would my mate think the same?

Sensing my hesitation,Xavier sat beside me on the bed. He took my hands on his as he rubbed soothing patterns over them with fingers.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to,but I'm here if you need me, okay?"he said, and I nodded appreciatedly at my mate.

I swallowed a lump in my throat before continuing.  No one knew about my backstory, but i knew I could trust Xavier.

"My mother died from giving birth to me when I was born.My father was heartbroken and was very distant from me. My grandmother was the person who mainly took care of me,she was like a second mother to me. My father helped out sometimes with looking after me. He tried to be a good father to me even though his mate had died,"I took a deep breath before I continued.

"Things eventually went back to normal, and I was happy with my grandmother looking after me. She liked to take me out at night to a little spot on the territory.  She would tell me stories about my mother, and I somehow felt closer to her. On my 15th birthday, my grandmother and I were out at our spot on the territory. It was night, and no one was around. She was telling me a story like usual, and then we were interrupted by hunters,"my breath caught in my throat as I remembered what had happened.

Xavier squeezed my hand comfortingly,urging me to continue.

"I don't know how they had gotten onto the territory, but they had weapons.  We didn't have a lot of time,and my grandmother told me to run. S-she stayed back so she could s-save me,but"I was cut off by a sob.

Xavier pulled me into his arms,his chest warm as I laid my head on it, and he ran his fingers through my hair.

"S-she was killed. I went back to warn the pack,but as soon as I told them what happened, they turned on me. They blamed me for her death,and that's when things changed,"I said,my sobs now dying down.

"My father disowned me. He pretended I didn't exist and ignored me. He was always busy with pack work and never spoke to me again.  The pack was worse,though. They called me a murderer,my rank was lowered, and I was treated as an omega. Even my friends turned on me. I was a-alone."I cried.

"Ssshhh,my flower,you're not alone anymore. You will always have me no matter what. It wasn't your fault what happened, "Xavier hushed as he rubbed my back soothingly.

"The first time we met,I was running away from my pack. I was sick of the way things were that I had to leave. I couldn't stay there any longer,"I finished.

"What about your father? Was he never aware of what the pack was doing?"My mate questioned me.

"He did, but he didn't deal with it. He actually encouraged it."I answered.

It was silent for a minute before Xavier growled and released me from his hold. 

"What are you doing?"I asked him,though,I dreaded what he was going to say.

"I'm going to deal with that father of yours,"he stated before leaving the room.

I ran out to catch him up, but it was already too late...