Chapter fifty three

'She was the sky,everything else was the weather '

-unknown

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's Pov

You know when you get that feeling when you don't want to face reality,when you wished you could turn back time and truly enjoy the moments before reality comes crashing down on you?

That's what I'm feeling at this moment.  I feel like everything is going from bad to worse.

I wished I was back in that moment a couple of days ago,when I had awoken with Xavier holding me in his arms, and all I had felt was peace.

At this point in time,I truly appreciated that moment with Xavier, where I had felt like had everything I had needed, and I had felt at true bliss.

It's strange how things can change in a matter of moments.

As I stared at the sight in front of me,I felt the urge to puke. I stared at the lifeless body in front of me.

The girl's eyes were open,a look of fear on her face, and her limbs were scattered across the ground. Her petite body was covered with dry and crusted blood, and her hair was throughoutly lying stained in an odd substance.

The decaying body smelt horrible,and I felt disgusted at whoever had done this to the poor innocent child.

Whoever had done this surely didn't care that they had just killed a child. They didn't care that they had ended that child's life.

And surely they didn't think or care about who this girl's death was going to affect.

Someone had just unknowingly lost their future mate, and the girl's family would feel heartbroken at the girl's death.

My mate stared at the body,an unknown look in his eyes before he wiped his fingers on the odd substance that coated the girl's hair.

He sniffed it before snarling loudly.

"Wolfbane,"he growled.  The tone in his voice did nothing to hide the disgust in his voice.

He stared into space for a moment before he looked up at the young man who had been the one in the first place to tell us he had found the body.

"Whoever has done this is long gone by now,"Xavier explained while he pointed to the crusted and old blood.

"Thomas!"Xavier yelled, and the beta practically cane running towards us.

"I want you to get Carlos and the guards to patrol the pack area. See if you can find the other child that went missing or if you can at least find any clues of who has done this,"my mate ordered.

Thomas wasted no time as he gathered the guards, and they all raced into the woods.

Xavier walked over to the pack,trying to calm everyone down as people started to cry. A woman who looked to be in her thirties suddenly cried out.

"She was just a child,she didn't deserve this!"she yelled as she sobbed loudly. I noticed how her features were oddly similar to the you girl's. Then it hit me.

This was her mother.

I went towards her,trying to console her as she grieved over her child's death.

"I'm so sorry,"I said as I engulfed her in a comforting embrace.

She suddenly pulled away as I saw her facial expression change from sad to angry. "You!This is all your fault!You're supposed to protect us,and then you let this happen to my daughter!"she screamed.

She quickly ran towards me,her teeth bared at me. I understand why she was lashing out. She had just lost her child,but I couldn't help but fond truth on her words.

I was supposed to protect the pack. It was my duty, and I had agreed to that responsibility at the intiation ceremony.

I had failed the pack.

As the woman was about to attack me,she was held back by Xavier.  He held her steady as she cried out in pain.

"I'm sorry for your loss,Lola,but it is not my mate's fault. It's mine."Xavier apologized as Isabella cane over and guided the women inside.

"Are you okay?"Xavier asked me, and I nodded my head, but I wasn't sure if I was the one who needed to be asked that question.

"Are you?"I asked him as I cupped his face in my hands.

"I will be,"he said before he walked back into the crowd of howling pack members. 

As I  turned back to the girl's body, i spotted something in her tangled limbs. I picked it up before my face parked at what it was.

A note from the person who had killed the girl....