Epilogue

5 years later

Lily's Pov

I smiled at the kids running around me through the pack house. Today, it was the birthday of Elisa's son,Toby.

The pack house was busy and bustling as everyone went around to find the birthday boy and congratulate him on his special day.

It had been 5 years since I woke up from being unconscious, and since then,things have changed for the better.

Me and Xavier even had a child of our own. Her name was Iris. She was only a couple of months younger than Toby,and the two were very close.

I carried the birthday cake into the dining hall as the kids all sat around the table where the birthday boy was sat. "Hello,Luna,"I was greeted by pack mates, and I smiled back at them warmly.

I placed the birthday cake down on the table,Toby's face lighting up when he set his eyes on the chocolate cake, his favourite.

Toby was a mix of his father and mother. He had his mother's green eyes and his father's brown hair.

"Thank you, Auntie Lily."he said, and I hugged him before congratulating him.

"Happy birthday,Toby,"I said, and he smiled before turning back to his friends.

A warm breath hit my neck as I turned to look at my mate. "You weren't going to start without me,were you?"Xavier teased me as I turned and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Maybe I was. What are you going to do about it?"I chuckled as I pecked his lips and pulled away quickly before he had the chance to connect our lips again.

"Wait and see,"Xavier hushed before he kissed me again.

We pulled apart from each other at hearing the voice of our daughter.

"Eeewwww,"Iris gagged, and we chuckled as we stared at our daughter. Iris had a mix of Xavier's dark brown hair and my bright blue eyes.

She was a fiesty spirited child, and we knew that she would grow up to be an amazing future leader of our pack.

"Hey,love."I said,ducking down to my daughter's height.

"Why do you and Papa always do that?"Iris asked curiously, her hands over her eyes as she tried to block out the image of me and Xavier kissing.

"You see,love,when you get to a certain age,you will find your mate. Your mate will love you forever, and you might kiss each other like me and your father do,"I explained.

"Not if I have anything to do about it,"Xavier growled, and I playfully rolled my eyes at his behaviour

"My mate won't snog me,"Iris defended, and I tickled her tummy as she giggled loudly at being so ticklish.

"Iris!"Elisa yelled out as she ran towards my daughter and hugged her tightly.

"Auntie Elisa!"Iris squealed and hugged her back.

I got back up on my feet, Xavier pulling me into his side.

I looked over at Harry, who was standing nearby. Upon joining my pack,Harry had found his mate who had been none other than Carlos's sister,Imogen.

I was happy for Harry. He deserved to be happy, as did the rest of the pack. I looked back at Xavier's approaching parents.

Isabella hugged me tightly,Adam quickly following. "Lily,it's so good to see you,"Isabella greeted.

"You too,Isabella. "I smiled at her. After I had woken up,I found out that Xavier's patents were finding it hard getting over the loss of Xander. They had been distant and had kept to themselves for a while.

It had been a few months later that Isabella and Adam had returned to normal. Like their parents, Liam and Amanda had a hard time getting used to only having one older sibling.

"Grandma,"Iris squealed, hugging her grandmother tightly.

As Isabella came back to me and Xavier, she came close to our ears. "I think I shall be expecting a second grandchild very soon,"Isabella whispered,making my cheeks turn bright pink.

"Sweetie,why don't you go and play with Toby,"Xavier suggested to Iris,who eagerly nodded, and I smiled when my mate bent down to hug our daughter.

Xavier was an amazing father to Iris. They were very close, and I knew Xavier would do anything to protect his daughter.

"What do you say we get out of here?"Xavier whispered, and I nodded before we snuck out of the pack house.

It was dark outside, the air crisp and cool, and Xavier and I ran into the wooded part of the territory, quickly shifting into our wolves.

We ran side by side,howling up at the moon and enjoying being in each other's presence. Xavier and i had suffered a lot in the past,but we were able to fix and heal each other.

I was finally happy and content in my life, and I knew where I belonged.

With my mate.

In his arms.

Forever.