chapter fourty seven

47

Your arms feeling more like home than any house ever did.'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's pov

"You know, you didn't have to grab my ear so hard,"Xavier complained, rubbing his now bright red ear.

I tried to stifle my giggle, but it was already too late. My laugh echoed through the large kitchen,making everyone turn towards me.

Xavier raised an eyebrow at me as a dark look crossed his face.

"You think this funny, do you?" He said through our mind link.

"You mean me seeing the big bad alpha aftaid of his mother is funny? Of course not."I teased through the mind link.

I watched as a mischievous glint appeared in Xavier's eyes as he sipped his tea,never breaking eye contact with me.

"I'll show you something that is funny." Xavier replied before cutting the mind link off and leaving me completely baffled at what he meant.

Everyone was seated at the dining table, eating their breakfast as a peaceful silence filled the room. The only person who was missing from the room was Adam.

I didn't know what had actually happened with Xavier and his father,but I did know that whatever it was must have been pretty bad for Xavier to have had lost control like had done.

I was still getting over what had happened. It hurt me that my mate thought that he was a monster.

He had done awful things,but that didn't mean he didn't deserve to be loved.

My mind drifted off the tattoo of Mirabella's name that Xavier had. I still understand why Xavier had Xander's mate's name as a tattoo.

I would question him about it later.

The chatter in the room suddenly died down, and I looked to see Adam sitting down next to Isabella.

I took notice of the large bandage that Adam had wrapped around the side of his face and also how tired and pale he looked.

Xavier growled lowly at his father, and I was quick to place my hand over Xavier's, making his growls die down.

"Thanks for the breakfast, Isabella. "I said as I got up from the table.

"You're welcome, dear."Isabella smiled, but I didn't miss the way she glanced at her mate, a stern look crossing over her face.

"Xavier I-"Adam's voice was cut off as Xavier slammed his fist on the table harshly, making the cutlery rattle, and everyone turned to look at him questionably.

"Xavier, come on."I said to my mate, grabbing his hand and practically dragging him out of the room.

We went back upstairs to the bedroom. Xavier sat on the bed as I glared at him. "What?"he questioned me.

"What was that, Xavier?"I asked him sternly. I knew something had happened between them, but that didn't give Xavier the right to be rude to his father.

"Don't worry about it,"Xavier shrugged, diverting his eyes away from me. I knew then that he was keeping things from me.

"Xavier, you need to tell what happened,"I ordered him,my voice stern, but also a sympathetic tone to it.

All I was greeted with was silence, though.

"You can't keep things from me,Xavier.  You have to be honest with me. I need yo know what happened. You can't keep doing this."I scolded him.

"What am I doing, Lily. Please,do tell me what I keep doing!"Xavier yelled.

"You keep pushing me away. You keep distancing yourself from me,I thought we were past this. Even after completing the mating bond,you still want to push me away from you."I began to get frustrated as I stood up in front of my mate.

"You can push me away all you want, Xavier, but  you're my mate, and I won't leave you alone. I won't let you  be alone ever again. Whether you like it or not,you're stuck with me,"I declared, but my mate remained silent.

I walked out of the room,huffing in annoyance at my mate. I was about to open the door when Xavier grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

"What -"I was cut off as Xavier crushed me  into his chest,his arms wrapping around me tightly.

"I'm sorry,flower. I'm so sorry. "Xavier whispered into my ear,his voice low and as husky ever.

I wrapped my arms around Xavier, enjoying the feeling of being in his arms.

I knew then that even though my mate annoyed me and he wasn't perfect, I didn't want to be in any other place but in his arms.