chapter ten

'When my circle got smaller,my vision got clearer. There's strength in loyalty, not numbers'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

Breakfast was awkward. I sat next to Elisa. I think she was mates with the beta of the pack since we sat so close to the alpha.

I still sensed some of the pack's lingering eyes on me. I ignored it, though. However,I couldn't ignore the same raven haired girl who wouldn't stop glaring at me.

She would smile at me, but it was very fake, and it was almost a snarl. Elisa nudged my shoulder.

"That's Clarissa, and that next to her is Chloe. Ignore them. Clarissa is just threatened by you,"Elisa told me.

"Why is she threatened by me?"I asked,my curiosity getting the better of me.

Why would Clarissa be threatened by me? I don't even know her, yet she feels the need to glare at me and whisper snarky comments about me to her friend Chloe.

Chloe is the girl who mentioned Clarissa the other day. It doesn't make sense, though.

"I hate to be barer of bad news, but Clarissa has a thing for the alpha. She has always wanted to be the Luna since we were little. She is threatened by you because she knows you're the alpha's mate. She knows she might now have a lesser opportunity to be the Luna now."Elisa says.

I nod my head at her, hiding my hurt. As I look over again,I notice how close Clarissa is to the alpha.

In fact,she sat right next to him. She caught me staring at her because she leaned closer to the alpha and placed a hand on his arm.

My wolf growled in jealousy while I looked away in disappoinment.

This had to be another reason why the alpha didn't want me. It hurt knowing my mate supposedly liked someone else.

As I looked at Clarissa again,I noticed  the alpha wasn't making any moves to get her arm off of him.

I watched as Clarissa moved closer to him,whispering something in his ear, and to top it all off, she then kissed him on the cheek.

Meanwhile,the alpha just sits and does nothing. I notice how sometimes he flicks his gaze over to me.

Each time, though,I look away. This is unbearable. Nothing is worse than seeing your mate with another werewolf, that isn't you.

"Hey,Lily."Elisa says, gripping my hand and giving it a squeeze. "She doesn't stand a chance with the alpha. Besides,you can't resist the mate bond for very long."she reassures me.

Her words help me a little, but an everlasting doubt still lingers in my mind, repeating my fear like a neverending echo in my head.

People are starting to stand up and leave the room. As Elisa stands up,I look up at her questionably.

"Where is everyone going?"I ask her.

"To train,"she says, and she dragged me up with her.

She leads me outside to a large training areana. People are fighting each other, and others are running laps in a large field next to the areana.

"Come on Lily,we have to go and train."Elisa says.

Her words hit me like a tone of bricks.

This isn't going to end well...