Chapter fifty two

'I am the architect of my own destruction'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's Pov

"Are you sure about this?"Xavier asked me as we walked upstairs to our bedroom.

I sighed at my mate's question.  Ever since I had agreed to help my father,Xavier had been constantly asking me if I wanted to actually help my father.

I understood why he was concerned, but I had already made my decision.  Besides, I didn't want to help my father, I wanted to help my old pack.

There was a difference.

"I'm sure,Xavier. I understand your concern, but I know what I am doing,"I reassured him,putting my hand on his arm.

My mate relaxed at my touch,his tense body now calm. "Only if you're sure,flower, "he said.

I nodded my head at him before going into the closet to change into some more comfortable clothes.

Feeling too tired,I just grabbed one of Xavier's t-shirts and a pair of his boxers. I quickly got changed before leaving the room.

As I opened the door,I saw Xavier in bed shirtless. My eyes lingered on his abs,my body aching to trail my hands over the hard built muscle that covered his stomach area.

"See something you like,flower?"My mate smirked at me.

I blushed at his words before I climbed into the bed,my mate's arm circling around my waist as I lay on his chest.

"Good night,Xavier."I whispered as my eyes closed, and before I went to sleep, I was met with a gentle kiss being placed on my forehead.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Lily,wake up!"My mate's voice filled my ears as I woke up. I looked out of the nearby window to see it was pitch black outside.

Xavier looked worried as he hurriedly tan to the wardrobe and came with shoes on his feet.

"Xavier,what's wrong?"I asked him,an odd feeling coming over me. Something had to be horribly wrong for my mate to be looking so stressed.

"There has been a report that two young children of the pack have gone missing.  The whole pack is going out to search for them,"Xavier told me.

I quickly got up from the bed as I watched my mate tug at his hair in frustration.  I wasn't used to seeing Xavier like this.

He was always collected,with an emotionless expression on his face, and he never showed if he was stressed.

This wasn't the case at the moment, though.

I looked up at him and held his hand in my own. "Calm down, we'll find them,don't worry,"I said before I slipped on my shoes and led my mate out of the room.

As we exited the pack house, my eyes widened at the sight before me. Every member of the pack was spread out in different directions of the territory.

Everyone was carrying either a candle or a small later as they called out the names of the two missing children.

I could tell everyone was distressed, and when a few pack members turned around and saw me and Xavier, they ran quickly towards us.

We were quickly bombarded with numerous questions.

"What will happen if we can't find them?"

"What are you going to do about this?"

"Are we going to find them?"

I understood why the pack was so worried and upset,but I had to find a way to calm them all down before things got out of hand.

"Please calm down, everyone. We are doing all we can to find them."I tried to reassure everyone.

The pack didn't listen to my words as they continued to call out and shout at me and Xavier.  The situation was getting out of hand,and I was beginning to get anxious, but then I heard a voice.

"We found them..."