Chapter seventy five

Xavier's Pov

Time is a precious thing.

Sometimes, we may never have enough time, and it may pass quickly, and what feels like a matter of minutes have passed will actually be a whole hour that has passed.

To others,though,they may never have enough time.

People may have been caught up so much on something that they don't realize that time has passed,and it was time for them to move on.

I was neither agreeing or disagreeing with both arguments.

For me,time has passed slowly,and every single second of the time I spent without my mate was absolutely agonising.

Each second that passed counted towards the amount of time I had spent without Lily.

It was time that I had lost forever and would never get back.

It had been a week since Lily had been taken from me,and I was slowly losing control of my wolf.

My wolf had finally heaped and moved on from Mirabella because Lily had Co.e along and saved the both of us, but my wolf wasn't used to being without Lily for a long period of time.

Really,though,my wolf was scared.

My wolf, as well as I, was worried that, like Mirabella, Lily would be killed by my brother, and we would be too stricken by grief that we wouldn't pull thorough this time and would die of grief and sadness.

It was unheard of that a werewolf could survive without their mate.  I could have died from Mirabella dying,but my wolf had luckily kept me stable.

I knew that I wouldn't be so lucky this time.

I sat in my office with these thoughts in my head as Thomas,Carlos, and my father argued over what would be the best way to find Lily and Elisa.

"Alpha?"Carlos snapped me out of daze.

"Yes?"I asked, my ears perking up, and I waited for any hood news about my mate.

"We think we may have found something, "Carlos continued. He pointed to the map of the territory in front of me.

There were red lines on it,making out the trail my brother went on to get from my pack to his.

"This is where Xander entered,"Carlos pointed to a small x on the map. "And this is the direction we believe they went in. They would have to take the northern path to get to their territory, "Carlos pointed out.

"Why not just storm the place and take out everyone until we find Elisa and Lily?"my father suggested, and I contemplated his idea.

"We have spies from our pack that have been placed into Xander's pack. They reported that they haven't found the whereabouts of either of our mates,hence why we are talking about where to locate them,"Thomas responded, and I noticed the frustration in his tone.

I knew my beta was suffering as just as badly as I was from losing his mate.

Unlike me, though, he was holding up better than I was.

As they started to argue again, a memory flashed in my head.

Flashback

"This way, Xavier,"Xander's voice came out from somewhere in the distance. I suddenly saw him and started to run after his fleeing figure.

He ran down the corridors of the pack house,me giggling, and trying to keep up with him on the process.

I suddenly saw him come to a stop as he stopped over a locked trap for that was built into the floor.

Our parents always kept it locked for a reason, abs I couldn't help but curious about what was down there.

Xander suddenly reached for a key in his back pocket, fitting it into the key whole of the door.

There was a click before it slid open and I stared at him as he winked at me before lifting open the trapped door and climbing down a small ladder that was attached to the side of it.

My curiosity got the better of me as i followed him down.

"I thought we weren't allowed down here,"I said but my brother just shrugged his shoulders, showing me he didn't care.

I jumped down the last step, my feet landing on a hard cold floor. I followed my brother as we walked down down the hallway until we reached a small room.

It was dusty and had nothing but an old bed and toilet in the room.

Then I noticed a chest full of things. I gave Xander a questioning look as he looked at the stuff in the chest.

"What is this place?"I asked him.

"It's where I keep all of my special things..."

End of flashback

I snapped out of my memory and interrupted the argument between Thomas and my father.

"I think I know where they are,"I said, getting their attention.

"Where are they?"Thomas urgently asked. When I was about to reply,the door burst open to reveal a guard.

"Alpha,we have found Clarissa..."