Chapter Twenty One

'some people are in your life to test you'

-Terry Harris

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

His eyes stared back at me as I daringly met his gaze. He scanned over me,his body tensing in distaste.

I didn't care, though.

I had decided to wear this specific dress to get this reaction out of him.

From what I have learned,your mate can't stand the mere sight or thought of  you wearing revealing clothes around other wolves,let alone males for that matter.

His jaw clenched, fists digging tightly into his scan. I say sauntered further into the crowd of dancing pack members.

People danced in time to the loud music,hips swinging and mates making out on the dance floor.

I couldn't resist my urge and started dancing alongside the music,my beats in time to the loud uproar that came from the speakers.

I let loose, swinging my hips and letting my hands up in the air. I probably looked horrendous but I still danced.

The music gave me a distraction.

A much needed one because I saw Clarissa going over to Xavier.

He was now glaring at me but I didn't stop. He had made it clear he didn't care what I did,so why would he start caring right now.

I watched as Clarissa attempted to make conversation with my mate,but his eyes never left me.

As I continued to dance, two hands snake around my waist. I turned around to see a tall male with blonde hair,broad shoulders and dark brown eyes.

"Hey beautiful,"he greeted. I smelled his breath,it stank of alcohol and smoke. He seemed friendly enough but I didn't want to stick around with him.

I turned to see the man start to wave his arms around crazily while he screamed loudly at the top of his lungs.

He stared at me the whole  time while dancing. "Do y-you want to join me?"he asked, slurring a little bit.

I stared at Xavier. His eyes were now burning with raw jealousy. I still wasn't satisfied, though. I wanted to tip him over the edge.

I wanted to trick him into coming over to me and showing me he cared.

"Sure,"I replied. Me and the blonde man danced in the middle of the floor while people cheered and clapped at us.

"Who knew the Luna could dance?"a voice said.

I saw a short man with ginger hair staring at me. He smirked at me,easily making me get out off by him.

"I knew you were the alpha's mate,but boy, you can you put on a good show,"he winked, making me roll my eyes.

I was about to walk away from him,but he grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him.

"I know the alpha doesn't want you. What do you say we go upstairs? I'm sure he wouldn't mind."he winked at me mischievously.

Before I could reply,a growl came from behind me. My mate stood,towering over my small frame with his teeth bared.

"I think you might find,I very much do mind,"an all too familiar said from behind me.