chapter fourty five

45

To the world he was a monster,but with  me he let down his walls so I could see the true broken man behind his facade'

-unknown

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's Pov

As my mate crumbled to the ground,I was met with a realisation of how truly broken Xavier actually was. I saw how much pain he truly was in.

Xavier was only ruthless because he didn't see any other way to get over the loss  of his first mate.

Everyone he loved had turned their back on him, and he was left feeling broken and alone.

My heart hurt seeing my mate break down in front of me. I was so used to Xavier's cold and strong demeanour that it never dawned on me that my mate had just been putting up a front.

I stood frozen,my fists clenched at my sides. I didn't know what to do or how to react with the situation.

I hesitated before I rushed to my mate. Xavier instantly looked up at me,his eyes bloodshot and glassy from his tears.

I quickly wrapped my arms around him as he buried his face into my chest.  My hands absentmindedly played with the ends of his hair, as it tried to tidy it up.

"You're not a monster ,Xavier."I spoke softly to him,my words quiet, but I could tell he had heard me.

Xavier suddenly stood up from the ground and backed away from me. "You need to stay away from me,Lily. It's what is for the best,"Xavier spoke,his voice gravelly.

I watched as he composed himself, but I could tell that he was still upset. Standing up,I walked towards him.

I was angry now. He distancing himself from me wouldn't solve any problems. We would be back to where we had been in the beginning. We had come too far just for him to start giving me the cold shoulder again.

"Xavier, I  am sick of you pushing me away. It doesn't help the situation if you just start being distant with me again.  We have come so far,yet you ate choosing to throw it all away!"I shouted at him.

"I'm trying to protect you!"he yelled back at me, but I just became even more frustrated.

"Is it because you believe that I can't love you?!"I yelled at him, as my mate began to walk away from me.

He stopped at hearing my words.

I had hit the nail in the head. I strolled over to him as I cupped his cheeks."I do love you, Xavier. Even if you believe you're a monster,you're my monster."I said with confidence.

I watched as an unknown emotion entered my mate's eyes as he gazed at me. He quickly crashed his lips onto mine,the kiss heated and filled with unsaid words.

I hung onto my mate's neck as he pressed his lips against mine. After a while, he broke away from the kiss and stared down at me.

"Do you really mean that,"he said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You're my monster,"I said again, trying to make him believe my words.

Without hesitation,he kissed me again.  I wrapped arms and legs around his waist as he picked me up and too is upstairs to his bedroom.

He laid me down on my bed as I stared at him,fluttering my eyelash up at him.

"Are you sure?"he asked me, and I quickly nodded.

I wanted this more than anything.

He quickly kissed me again as he lay on top of me,his arms on either side of my head.

Xavier ripped my shirt and jeans off before he did the same with his clothes

He looked down at me one last time, and I nodded again at him.

"You're my monster,"I repeated one last time,before I felt pure bliss...