Chapter seventy six

Xavier's Pov

I stared at the young female in front of me,anger seeping through my veins as I looked down at the once poor excuse member of my pack.

As an alpha,my pack was only loyal to me. Some were loyal to me out of fear of what awaited them if they didn't choose to hold the oath every wolf had to uphold in my pack.

I never really cared what reasons my pack was loyal to me,I just appreciated that they trusted me.

Clarissa is someone I have known since I was little.  I had already hated her for trying to come in between me and my mate,but now I loathed her mere existence.

Even after my mate had mercy on her,Clarissa still chose to help my brother in taking my mate from me.

I could be merciful when I wanted to,but when I saw something I didn't like,I wouldn't even consider the notion of sparing them.

I thought all of these things, as I dismissed my guards.

As soon as we were alone,Clarissa jumped up from the floor and threw herself at me.

"Oh,Xavy,I missed you so much. Now that the pitiful excuse of a mate is out of our way,we can be together,"she squealed, leaning in to kiss me.

Before her lips could touch mine,I slammed her onto the ground,holding her down as she looked at me with confusion in her eyes.

"That so-called pitiful excuse of mate is your Luna who had mercy on you. You are not a member of my pack,you are a traitor and now you will tell me where my the hell my mate is!"I ordered.

I could sense my wolf getting impatient, and I had to calm him down before he lost control.

"I don't know anything, Xavier. I was forced to help your brother. Please forgive me,"she begged, but I could see straight through her act.

"You have three seconds to tell me where she is, or I will not hesitate to snap your neck,"I snarled.

Clarissa stared me down before she finally sighed and relented.

"Your brother took Lily and Elisa to that underground basement that  your parents used to keep locked,"Clarissa answered me, and I sighed at knowing I was right.

I turned to leave when Clarissa grabbed tightly onto my hand,turning me to face her huddled figure sprawled out on the floor.

"Xavy, you have to forgive me. You need to realize that you are better off without that runt. Take me as your Luna and mate, we can forger about your brother and Lily. We can start anew and -"a harsh slam of my fist punching the wall cut Clarissa's rant off.

I grasped her chin,making her meet my angry eyes.

"You disgust me. You're nothing to me, Clarissa. What we had before my mate cane along was long since over.  You don't deserve to be alive after what you have done.  You are delusional if you think I would ever even entertain the idea of you being my mate! Lily is more worthy than you ever will be!" I slammed the door shut, making Thomas get my attention.

"Kill her,"I ordered as I stormed off to my office.

I was done playing around, and I and my warriors would be leaving as soon as possible to rescue Lily and Elisa.

My brother would be shown no mercy when I found him. I walked over to Carlos and my father,my hands clenched.

"Prepare the warriors. We will be leaving at sunset..."