Chapter Sixty Two

Lily's Pov

It's been three days since the intruder broke into the pack house to give me his 'message'.

Xavier has been on edge ever since.  He went through with his plan for me to have 'extra' protection,as Xavier put it.

So,I keep finding myself walking around the pack house with at least ten guards constantly following me.

I snapped out of my train of thoughts as Elisa waved her hand in front of my face,trying to get my attention.

"Hello,are you even listening to me?"she asked,hands on her hips, and her eyes narrowed towards me.

"Sorry,what was it we were talking about again?"I asked her.

I always had a habit of zoning out, my thoughts taking over as I blocked out whatever was happening around me.

"I was asking you what colour would look best for the baby's bedroom."Elisa huffed, a light red tint on her cheeks.

My movements stopped, and I froze at her words,processing what she had just told me.

"You're pregnant, "I whispered,my words low as I looked at my best friend as she nodded at me.

I rushed towards her,flinging my arms around her neck as I hugged her tightly. "I'm so happy for you!"I squealed excitedly,still hugging her tightly.

Elisa patted my back before she sighed, and I noticed she was struggling to breathe properly.  "Okay,Lily.  I can't breathe,"she said breathlessly, and I let go of her abruptly.

"I'm so sorry. Can I get you anything? Paun killers,a drink,a blanket,food,a pillow,chocolate,cake,fru-"I started to rant, but Elisa cut me off.

"Lily, please,I am fine. I haven't told Thomas yet. You're my best friend,I don't need you getting all overprotective when I will soon have my mate on my case,"she groaned.

"Why haven't you told him yet?"I asked her.

"I only found out a few days ago. I'm still just as surprised as you are, trust me."she nervously laughed.

I was so happy for her. I hadn't really ever thought about whether or not I wanted to have kids, but I kind of liked the idea of raising a family.

I know Xavier would be a great father, and I knew I would never abandon my kids,like my father did to me.

"When are you going to tell him?"I asked her, and she looked away nervously.

"I don't know, but what if when I tell he isn't happy? What if he doesn't want to have kids? What if he gets angry or upset? What if he -"she starts,her doubts getting the best of her, but I interrupt her by placing my hand on her shoulder to offer some sort of comfort and reassurance.

"I'm sure Thomas will be over the moon and super happy. Tell him when you're ready,Elisa.  No one is going to rush you,"I said,and she nodded.

"I think I will tell him later,"she said, nodding her head to reassure herself.

"And I also wanted to ask you if you would be the baby's aunty?"she looked at me,hopefulness in her eyes.

"Elisa, I would love to,"I said to her without hesitation.

"Thank you,Lily."Elisa said,hugging me, and I hugged her back.

Things were starting to look up, and I was looking forward to being an aunty to Elisa and Thomas's child...