Chapter Fifty One

'Forgiveness can't change the past,but it can enlarge the future'

-Paul

------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's Pov

I didn't remember much about my mother. I was told many things about her when she died.

I was told that she was kind and looked for the best in others. I was told she had an undeniable beauty and cared for others.

But one thing my mother was famous for was her gift of being able to always forgive others.  I was told she always forgave people who had done wrong to her.

It didn't matter what they had done to her or if they were even truly remoursful and meant their apology, but she would always forgive them.

I had always tried to live up to the expectations that my mother had put in place. I always tried to make her proud of me, but something I always had struggled to do was forgive others.

I couldn't forgive Katy, so who is to say that I could forgive my father for everything he had done?

So as I woke up in me and Xavier's bedroom and I heard the voices of my father and my mate in the nearby office,it took everything in me to open the door and confront what was on the other side.

My father looked up at me,his eyes staring at me intently. I couldn't help but look away from his prying eyes,though.

Xavier's eyes beckoned me towards him as he reached out to hold my hand in his own.

"Are you okay?"he asked,his voice full of concern as he glared at my father.

I nodded before Xavier continued to stare at me.

"Sorry to interrupt your cute staring session, but I would actually like to get down the serious matter that I came to discuss with you,"my father said impatiently.

My mate bared his teeth at him before he stood up from his office chair,stalking towards my father.

"Watch your tone with me. You may be my mate's father, but don't forget your place here. You're in my territory,in my house, and you're talking disrespectfully to my mate. Let's not forget who has the upper hand hand here,"Xavier threatened.

An odd sense of satisfaction filled me as I saw my father's expression change from smug to fearful.

I placed my hand on my mate's arm to try and get him to calm down. "It's okay,"I reassured him before I looked at my father.

"As I was saying, my pack has been attacked a lot recently by rogues. From the few pack warriors that I sent to gather more information on the rogues,they are continuously increasing in numbers. We think they are planning a large attack, and my pack is outnumbered, "my father explained.

"And what do you want me to do about it?"Xavier asked, although I caught onto the sarcastic tone in his voice.

"As you are my daughter's mate,I assumed that made us allies, and you would provide my pack with your protection,"my father continued.

"If you think you can come here and upset my mate who is also your daughter like you just claimed,and then you think my pack has a loyalty to you,you are terribly mistaken, "Xavier growled.

"Xavier I-"my father started but was cut off by my mate's snarl.

"It's alpha to you,"Xavier ordered. I quickly zoned out of the conversation as I thought over my father's words. 

I had been betrayed by pack in the past. They had all turned their backs on me, but there were also children in that pack.

Children that couldn't be held responsible for their parents' actions and wrong doings.

I grew up in that pack, and I also had some good times there.  My mother had been the Luna of that pack and had practically raised the pack as her own,as did my grandmother.

They didn't deserve to suffer at my expense.

"You have to think -"I cut my mate off as I stared into my father's eyes.

I didn't think as I said my next words.

"We will help you..."