Chapter Thirty Five

35

'Running back towards danger'

- unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

"Alpha, we are being attacked..."

The man stared at us, waiting for orders. "Gather the warriors,get five of the warriors to get the woman and children to safety and get the rest of them to kill as many of the attackers as possible,"Xavier ordered,his hands still on my waist.

The male nodded before running off into the distance. Xavier stayed silent as he led me out of the lake.

I looked down at my dress to see that it had turned transparent,my body slightly showing from underneath the fabric.

My mate growled before handing me his dry t-shirt. I put it on before following Xavier back to the pack.

As we got closer,I started to hear the growls and howls of wolves. The pungent smell of blood entered my nose, making me want to gag.

Wolves were fighting. Some warriors were trying to escort the rest of the pack to safety as other warriors fought the attackers.

Xavier led me over to the warriors trying to get the women and children to safety. "Go with them,stay safe."he commanded me.

As I looked around me,I saw the scared faces of the pack members. I was their Luna,I was supposed to protect them, not be a coward, and run away from the danger.

I refused to be a coward again.

"Xavier, I can help,I can f-"I was cut off by Xavier, placing a finger on my lips.

"You will do as I say and stay protected,"he growled warningly before pushing me towards the warriors. He quickly placed a small kiss on my forehead before he ran towards the attackers,his teeth bared threateningly.

I followed the rest of the pack,but then my gaze landed on a small girl. She looked barely about the age of four. She was looking around terrified,her eyes watering and tears running down her plump cheeks.

I saw a large brown wolf run towards her, about to snap her neck when I ran towards her. I wrapped my arms around her as I barely moved out of the wolf's way.

"L-luna?"she whimpered, burying her face into my neck. I briefly smiled down at her before I quickly ran back towards the warriors. I handed the little girl back one of the guards,as he looked at me with approval.

Once I knew the girl was safe,I ran back into battle. I attacked as many wolves as I could, trying to protect the other fighting warriors in my pack.

I caught sight of Xavier as he clawed a nearby wolf. His chest was showing, and I saw his biceps bulge as they connected with another wolf's jaw.

I was so caught up staring at my mate that I didn't see a large wolf running towards me. I roughly shoved away from the wolf by my mate.

The wolf was dead within seconds as Xavier stared at me. He helped me off the ground before picking me up in his arms. I hung on tightly to his neck as he ran towards where the safe house was.

He opened the door before letting me down and giving me a stern look. I knew he was angry at me for not following his orders and staying safe,but I had help the pack fight the intruders.

It was my duty as being their Luna.

"Don't let her out of your sight,or you will answer to me,"Xavier instructed the guards before leaving.

I looked around at the pack as some of the pack members glanced at me briefly. Suddenly,a small hand tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned to see the little girl I had helped earlier. She was no longer crying,a grateful look in her eyes as she stared at me.

"Thank you, Luna, for helping me,"the girl said,her voice high pitched but also adorable.

"Olivia, where are you-"a woman came over to us,her features reassembling the same as Olivia's.

"Oh Luna,I am sorry about my daughter."she apologized before taking the girl into her arms.

"It's fine,she was just talking to me,"I reassured the lady, and I didn't miss the small flash of fear in her eyes disappear at my words.

"Thank you for getting my daughter to safety, Luna,"the woman said as she carried a waving Olivia away from me and back into the crowd.

As I sat in the safe house,I began to wonder who the attackers were that had attacked the pack...