chapter nine

'Look into my eyes and see how bad I want it'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

Chatter was all I could hear behind the two large oak doors that I was about to walk through.

I was rooted to my spot,my nerves all over the place. Doubt after doubt filled my mind. I was about to meet the pack and see my mate.

The last time I saw him,he said he wanted nothing to do with me. Being in the same room as him would just make it harder for us to resist the mate bond.

My wolf was urging me to throw open the large wooden doors and go straight to my mate.

She didn't understand, though.

I couldn't go near the alpha because he didn't want me to. I was already finding it hard to resist the mate bond,I don't know long I will be able to fully refrain myself from lunging into my mate's arms.

My breath hitched as a hand was placed on my shoulder. "Lily, are you okay?"Elisa asked me,her voice bringing me back from my trance.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine."I reassured her. Taking a deep breath,I swallowed my fear and opened the doors.

As I stepped into the room,I saw a large table with various people sitting around it. The chatter died down as soon as I entered the room.

Everyone stared at me,their eyes inspecting and judgmental. They looked over me, seeing if I lived up to their expectations.

They obviously knew that I was the alpha's mate. As the pack with the alpha,who everyone feared,the pack obviously had expectations of who the Luna of the pack and alpha's mate should be.

They most likely expected someone fearless and confident. Someone who was strong and wasn't afraid of a good fight. Someone who was a strong leader and knew the inns and outs of being a good Luna.

I was none of those things. Of course,they were going to judge me.

That's when the whispers started. Again.

"She looks weak."

"How could the alpha be mated to someone like that."

"She clearly isn't cut out to be the Luna."

"No wonder why the alpha doesn't want her."

The last comment hit me hard. I brought my attention to a familiar girl. I remember she was in the room I woke up in a few days ago.

"Clarissa isn't going like this."

I remember those had been her words.i diverted my gaze to who the girl was sitting next to.

She had long raven coloured hair. Her eyes were a pretty hazel, but most of all, I noticed she looked fake.

Her face was covered in makeup. But what I noticed most was the fact that she was glaring at me with the most hateful look.

Her hazel irises seemed to swallow me whole. She clearly disliked me and wasn't making any effort at all to cover her distaste of me up.

A loud voice resounded around the room.
"Enough! Everyone stop looking and get back to what you were doing before or else !"The voice was stern,strict, and gruff, but it was also very familiar.

I looked quickly around the room until my gaze landed on my mate.

He stared at me,his red orbs still as dangerous as ever.