Chapter Twenty Eight

28

love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place'

-Zoe Hurston

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

Something wasn't right.

I had awoken this morning to have a bad feeling settled in the pit of my stomach.

I didn't know what was going to happen, but whatever it was,I knew it would be bad.

The door opened, and it to reveal Harry. His hair was a bit messy,and I knew he had just woken up.

"What happened to you?"I joked, trying to forget the odd feeling in my stomach. Harry yawned loudly, making me stifle a laugh.

"The alpha wants to speak to you,"Harry said,a four long look in his eyes. He didn't comment on my joke, and I knew something wasn't right.

Standing up,I walked down the stairs. It was quiet,no one was up yet. I hesitantly knocked on the door to Xander's office.

"Come in,"he growled,a more dangerous edge in his tone.

None of this was helping to ease my nerves. Opening the door,I saw Xander sat at his desk.

His dangerous eyes snapped to me,a dangerous glint in them. I sat down opposite him and prepared myself for his next words.

"There has been word of my brother on his way to the pack,"Xander said.

I inhaled deeply. I didn't know how to respond. Everything in me was paralyzed with fear.

I had to get out of here.

I stood up and tried to go to the office door, but Xander stopped me. "Where you going?"he snarled.

"Away from here,"I said and made a move again to open the door, but Xander grabbed my wrist.

"You're not going anywhere. By the time you have left the territory,Xavier will be here and will catch your scent. Your best chance of not getting caught is by staying here and hiding,"Xander growled.

I thought over his words. I knew he was right, but I still couldn't ignore the bad feeling I had in my stomach.

Grabbing my wrist,Xander walked out of the room and led me to a door where the staircase was.

He knocked on the wall of the stairs and  a door opened. I was taken into an old room. There was furniture discarded all over the room, and dust covered the walls.

"He won't find you in here."he said before storming away.

Before he closed the door,I saw him look back at me. There was a dangerous look in his eyes. He smirked at me before leaving.

Xander knew how to make me nervous. There was just something about him that put me off.

A loud crash had me snap out of my thoughts. There were loud shouts and growls, and then I heard the one voice that I sent me into a panick.

"Where is she?!"I heard Xavier yell.

I heard a loud thump come from the door to the basement, and I froze. My heart pounded loudly, and my veins pulsed blood rapidly around my body as my fear grew.

"She is mine!"I heard Xavier shout.

I quickly looked around and saw a wardrobe. It was old and looked unstable, but it would do.

I rushed towards and climbed inside of it, shutting the doors quietly behind me. I heard a loud smash and the door of the basement falling to the ground.

I clasped my hands tightly over my mouth, convinced Xavier could hear my rapid breathing.

"I know you're in here, little mate."Xavier growled, but I knew it was wolf that was in control.

That made this whole situation worse. If Xavier found me,I had a better chance talking reason with him than I did with his wolf being in control.

"When I find you,I will make sure you never leave me again. You're mine!"he snarled.

And then it went silent.

I breathed out a sigh of relief but instantly regretted it as the doors to the wardrobe abruptly opened to reveal my mate.

Xavier's eyes were bright red,a small but noticable yellow tint in his irises. I knew I was in trouble now.

He grabbed me and dragged me out of my hiding spot. Before I could even speak,I was pulled tightly into his Xavier's chest.

His arms wrapped around me,securing me in place, and he breathed in my scent. A sigh of relaxation went through him as exhaled, but I was still tense.

And that's when I felt it.

Xavier's teeth roughly dug into my neck. He held me tightly as I tried to get away, but it was no use.

A while later, Xavier released his teeth from my neck. I felt myself grow tired with only one thought crossing my mind.

Him marking me meant I couldn't leave him.

I was stuck with my mate now, and I couldn't do anything about it..