Chapter sixty eight

Lily's Pov

I didn't know how long I and Elisa had been walking through the long winding tunel with the guard leading us for.

I stared at my best friend, noticing her fallen face, and I knew she was thinking about her mate.

I was yet again reminded that this was all my fault.

Xavier and Thomas were out in battle fighting off rogues to keep me,Elisa, and the rest of the pack safe. People were put risking their lives, and it would be my fault if they got hurt,or worse, killed.

Elisa was worrying about her mate's safety when she should be worrying about her baby that she was now pregnant with.

This was all my fault because some sick cyco apparently wanted me for some weird reason.

If I had turned myself over, then none of this would be happening. Elisa wouldn't have to worry about her mate being killed,Xavier would be alive and safe, and the pack wouldn't have to suffer for something I myself could have prevented from happening.

When my thoughts started to fill my head even more,Elisa placed her arm on my shoulder,snapping me out of my trance, thankfully.

"I know what you're thinking about, Lily. This is not your fault. None of this is your fault. No one knew this was going to happen, and no one could have anticipated any of this,"Elisa reassured me, and I felt comforted by her words.

It was nice to know that my best friend didn't blame me for all of this.

"I'm guessing you didn't exactly picture your celebration to go like this at all,right?"I joked,trying to ease up the still lingering tension.

"Definitely not, "Elisa let out a hearty chuckle,fully making the tension disappear, and the room fell silent again until Elisa spoke up again.

"You haven't seen your father for a couple of days, have you?"Elisa questioned, and I shook my head at her.

My father hadn't shown his face sense the day of my birthday arrived, and we had that encounter with each other.

A part of me was glad I hadn't seen him. I wanted him to leave the pack, go back to his home, and leave me alone.

He was the last thing that was still tying me from my past. The last thing that was still preventing me from finally being free.

I hoped that he was safe,though. Even after everything hechad done, I still cared for him. Even if that meant that I didn't want him in my life.

"We here,"the guard said, signalling we had reached the end of the tunnel.

As the tunnel stretched out onto the south side of the territory, my hearing picked up the howls and growls of nearby wolves in the far distance.

I thought about the pack,hoping no one was killed or injured by the attackers.

"Luna,this way,"the guard instructed me,and I followed him and Elisa through the wide wooded forest.

We suddenly came to a clearing where I suddenly saw another person I hadn't seen since my birthday.

Clarissa stood in the middle of the forest clearing, her eyes fixated on me, and I felt uneasy as we drew closer to her.

Elisa,too,turned to me,a look of suspicion in her eyes.

"Thank you,Henry,that will be all,"Clarissa spoke to the guard.

The guard,Henry,nodded his head before starting to walk off in the opposite direction.

"What are you doing here?"I asked,stepping forward to confront Clarissa.

"The alpha ordered me to take you to him,"Clarissa said before she started to walk off.

I turned to Elisa, and she shared a look with me. Something didn't feel right. Xavier had ordered the guard to take us to safety,so why was Clarissa here sating Xavier had ordered her to bring me and Elisa to her?

Maybe plans had changed,though?

"Are you coming or not?"Clarissa mused,and I was quick to run after her,the longing of seeing my mate getting the best of me.

"Lily,I have a bad feeling about this,something isn't right,"my best friend shared her thoughts with.

"We get to see our mates,nothing else matters,"I reassured her,and she nodded before following after me and Clarissa.

As we walked on,a burning question entered my head,and I couldn't help but ask Clarissa about what had been on my mind for so long.

"Who was that friend that you were telling me about in that note you gave me for my birthday?"I asked her,and her eyes lit up as she began to answer.

"That locket I gave you was from a person I have been talking to you for a while. I believe you met him a few months ago,after you ran away from the alpha.He is a person who has his eyes set on you. And he will do anything to get his way,"Clarissa said,and my guard went up as I processed her words.

Who was this person she was talking about?

The only people I had met after running from Xavier were Harry and Xander. I stopped in my tracks as I thought things through,the pieces forming a puzzle as I fitted the pieces together one by one.

The first attack from me and Xavier's enemy had been the initiation ceremony,Xavier had only come to collect me from Xander's pack a few days earlier before I had become the Luna.

I was marked at Xander's pack,and someone had obviously found out then.

Then we get another threat from the enemy,a child goes missing, and now we are being attacked again.

Then we have unexpected guests turn up,and then out of the blue, we ate being attacked again.

I recall Xavier telling me about having a supposed traitor in our pack,and I think I just found out who it is.

As well as who is behind all of this.

I grabbed Elisa's elbow, pulling her close to me. "This is a trap,we need to get out of here,"I told her, and Elisa nodded in agreement.

When me and Elisa were about to start running, I was suddenly grabbed and pinned to a nearby tree,Elisa's cries as she was grabbed by Clarissa and pinned on the ground.

"Where do you think you're going, precious?"A menacing voice spoke from behind me, and I turned to see the person that was behind all of this.

Xander Red Blood...