Chapter Seventeen

'I wasn't friends with you,I was friends with the person you pretended to be'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

"What's important about this Blue Moon festival?"I asked Elisa. It had been two days since I had last saw my mate.

And two days since he had admitted he cared for Clarissa.

Ever since,I had avoided him. I didn't want to be around him,all I wanted was some time to process everything.

My wolf was hurt at our mate's confession. She didn't understand why our mate cared for another female.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, Elisa gasped in surprise. "You don't know what the blue moon festival is?!" She shrieked.

In my old pack,I was never allowed to participate in the celebrations and festivals after my grandmother died.

Instead,I was put in charge of cleaning up the messes people left after the festivities had ended.

"It's only the biggest celebration of the year! Everyone goes, including the omegas. It's where we celebrate the moon goddess."she explained.

"The only thing I need to warn you about, though, is when the moon comes out,all males have their wolves in control."she stated.

I gulped at the thought of facing my mate's wolf. I was also curious, though, as to how the alpha's wolf would act around me.

I knew the human side of the alpha didn't want me. He had made that very clear.

Yet,I wondered if the alpha's wolf did want me.

"Hello,Lily, are you listening?"Elisa shouted. I shook my head and stared pointedly at her.

"I was saying that everyone has to wear white at the festival so we have to go shopping."she said.

I brightened at her words. Without another word,she grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The shopping mall was busy. Elisa kept going from shop to shop, dragging me along with her.

While we were looking for a dress to wear at the festival,a voice called out from behind me. Turning around,I froze.

"Lily, is that you?"Katy said. I stared at my old pack mate in shock.

Katy used to be my best friend until I was blamed for my grandmother being dead. She had turned on me like my pack, and father had done.

She looked the same since I last saw her. Her brown eyes stared at me, figuring me out. Her long ginger hair was tightly tied in its usual braid,not a single hair sticking out of place.

Her eyebrows were furrowed as she stared at me intently.

The memories of my pain and suffering came rushing back to me, flooding my brain with memories of the past I had tried so hard to move on from.

Flashback

"Katy, please,you have to believe me. It isn't my fault, I didn't know there were hunters in the woods. I didn't -"I was cut off as Katy kicked me to the floor.

She towered over me,her hands on her hips.
"I don't believe anything you say! You're a murderer! If you hadn't run away like the coward you are,she would still be here!"she yelled at me.

My heart broke at her words. She was supposed to be my best friend. She was supposed to believe me and support me.

"Katy, I promise -"I was cut off again by a growl.

"Don't talk to me! I can't believe I was best friends with a murderer! How could you just leave and do something like that to her?! She was your family!" She accused.

"The alpha,your father,is in a bad state right now because of you! If this pack crumbles,it'll be all because of you!"she said and strode out of the room.

End of flashback

It took everything in me to leave my pack. Katy had been one of the wolves chasing me the night I had escaped.

Staring at her now was painful. I stepped back as she advanced towards me.

"Lily, you have to come back with me!"Katy said,her claws extended and her teeth growing into canines.

Sensing my fear,Elisa stepped forward and stood in front of me. "She isn't going anywhere with you!"she snarled.

Katy snapped her teeth angrily and pounced forwards,still in her human form.

That's when all hell broke through...