Chapter fourty nine

49

Lily's pov

The man in front of me looked the same as when I last saw him. My father's light blonde hair was slicked back,his eyes the same green hue that used to fill with adoration when he saw me.

Now, though,his eyes were void of any emotion, his face placid as he concealed whatever he was feeling.

I hadn't seen my father in a couple of months, but the main front of me was not my father.

This man before was just a reminder of the pain I had been through,of all the obstacles I had faced in my old pack.

To me,a father was someone who looked out for his family,someone who was willing to do anything to protect the ones he loves and love his family unconditionally.

My father was the exception in this case.

The love that he used to have for me died a long time ago, as did my love for him.

This man wasn't my father.

He was a stranger who was another reminder of the past.

Xavier tensed up beside me,his arms tightening around my waist as I leaned into him. After Thomas told me that my father had turned up on the territory,my curiosity had gotten the best of me, and I had asked if I could speak to him.

Xavier had reluctantly agreed, but only after he said I wasn't allowed to be alone with him.

"Petal,where have you been?"my father questioned,his voice slightly croaky but still the same as I remembered.

Petal.

I cringed at the nickname. My father had always called me that when I was little,but he had lost the right to call me that when he turned his back on me.

Like Katy, I had relied on my father, but when I was blamed for my grandmother's death,not just by the pack but him too,he completely ignored me.

It was like I stopped existing to him.

He stopped talking to me, and I knew that he was aware of how the pack had treated me, yet he never chose to do anything about it.

"Don't call me that,"I spoke to him,my voice a little bit shaky.

My father frowned before he took a step closer towards me,a foreign look in his eyes.

Xavier's arms tightened around me as he growled in warning at him. "Perhaps we could talk in private,"my father suggested,but I sensed the fear in his voice as he stared at Xavier.

I was reluctant,but I wanted to know what my father wanted. I couldn't do that with Xavier in the room,though.

"No,"Xavier growled as I turned to look up at him.

"Xavier, please. He can't do anything, "I pleaded with my mate as I stared into his eyes.

"Fine,"Xavier sighed,"but you have five minutes, and that's it, and I'll be just outside of the door,"he said.

He kissed me on my forehead before giving my father a warning look and exiting the room.

"How is my daughter mates with the blood alpha, out of all werewolves,"my father spoke,a jokey tone in his voice, but I knew it was all an act.

I knew that my father wanted something .

"Cut the crap,dad. How did you find me? What do you want?"I questioned him,my eyes staring him down.

I never spoke to anyone like that before,but I was fed up people from my past barging back into my life and wanting things from me.

"I heard rumours that the blood alpha had found his second chance mate. The chances were that the alpha's mate was described to be you,"my father chuckled.

"As for what I want,I just want my daughter back. We only have each other,Lily. After you had escaped the pack,I had time to reflect on things. I'm sorry for what happened, "my father apologized.

I knew better ,though. This was all just an act. I wanted to believe his words,but I couldn't. He could have apologized to me years ago,yet it was only after I had escaped that he realized what he had done, and now he apologizes.

I wanted to forgive him,to believe his words, but I knew that I couldn't do that.

I couldn't forgive him for what he had done...