Chapter five

'You left this world but not my heart'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

Flashback

4 years ago:

The fire was warm. Its burning flickers of light surrounded the forest,chasing away the darkness.

I felt safe as I looked deeply into the fire's burning embers. Its light was bright,a safe place in the darkness.

My feet felt the soil digging into them. It was damp and wet,leaving an odd  substance underneath my toes.

I didn't mind, though. I loved the feeling of nature. It was calming. I knew that being a wolf played a big part of me loving nature, though.

CRACK!

My ears perked up at the sound. Turning around, I saw my grandmother making her way towards me.

She was now in her eighties but wasn't doing bad for her age. Her blond hair cacsaded down her back,her kind blue eyes staring back at me.

She sat beside me on the log,taking my cold hand into her own warm one. I loved these precious moments with her.

She coughed,her throat raspy as she prepared to speak. "Where did we leave the story last time?"she asked me.

"You were telling me about the Red Blood Alpha."I shivered at his title.

Even though I was frightened of him from hearing all the rumours about him,I couldn't help but be curious about him .

"Ah yes,I remember. The Red Blood Alpha has been around longer than any of us. He is immortal. It's said that he was a normal werewolf like us before he became what he is known as now."she pauses, catching her breath before speaking again.

"There was always something different about him, though. He was stronger and faster, and his senses were better than ours. He had a mate, but unfortunately, she was  killed by rogues.

He had been heartbroken about losing his mate,so he went to the moon goddess. He begged for the moon goddess to give him his mate back.

The moon goddess struck a deal with him. He had to trade his soul to be with his mate again. The alpha agreed but was impatient. The moon goddess told him to wait for the right time before reviving his mate.

He was getting impatient, so he decided to take things into his own hands. The moon goddess was angry and took his soul. The Red Blood Alpha turned angry and cold.

That's why he is the way he is today."My grandma finished.

I huffed in disappointment. I wished she would tell me more about him.

"What about if he got a second chance, mate?"I asked.

It was unheard of, but second chance mates were real.

"I'm afraid I don't know about that, Lily. I think the alpha wouldn't be incapable of loving another,but he would be too scared to love another."

The fire cackled a little more loudly,as if warning us of danger. A loud shout echoed behind us.

I turned around to see a group of shadows hiding in the trees.

Hunters

My grandma tensed up,taking my hands and pulling up from the log. That's when they decided to strike.

The first arrow hit the tree beside me. I screamed.

"Lily, run! Don't look back and keep running until you reach the pack. Warn them about the hunters!"my grandma shouted.

I hesitated but knew she was right. I ran and looked back at my grandma to see her smiling at me.

That was the last time I saw my grandmother

End of flashback

I woke up abruptly. My chest was hurting, and my breath was ragged.

I collapsed against the bed with exhaustion and soon enough fell back to sleep.