chapter three

'it can be scary facing the unknown '

-Luriene McDaniel

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

My vision blurred,and my head was banging. I didn't remember what had happened.

It was unheard of anyone who had encountered  the Red Blood Alpha had survived.

This is the reason why I was scared to open my eyes. I was afraid of whatever lay ahead for me as soon as I opened my eyes.

All I saw at the moment was darkness.

Normally,I would be scared of the dark, but this time, I felt protected by it. The darkness was what was concealing me and keeping me away from whatever was there when I opened my eyes.

I felt warm sheets wrapped around me and a soft mattress underneath me. I was comfortable,a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time.

I dreaded opening my eyes, wondering what danger I would come across when I did open them.

I hear hushed voices around me. They were panicked,rushed, and full of fear.

"Don't wake the Luna."a voice said.

"The alpha won't be pleased if we don't let her rest."said another.

"She doesn't look cut out to lead the pack."another said,a tone of distaste in their voice.

This is when I decided to open my eyes and let myself leave the protected barrier that the darkness had provided me with.

Multiple people were staring at me. Some with relieved looks on their faces. Others with looks of confusion.

A hushed whisper had me divert my attention to a girl with blonde hair and green eyes. Her eyes held fear but not a fear caused by me.

"Clarissa isn't going to like this,"the girl whispered.

Who was Clarissa?

What did I have to do with any of this?

I was surprised the alpha had bought me back to his pack. Maybe he wasn't as cruel as I had originally thought.

The look in his eyes when I had collapsed onto the floor replayed in my mind.

The way he had stared at me with resentment. Did he resent me for being his mate?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by loud squeal. A girl with brown hair and bright emerald eyes stood in the centre of the room

She had her arms crossed, and everyone's attention was on her as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Everyone needs to leave,the alpha is coming."she announced.

The pack mates practically ran from the room. The girl gave me a lingering smile before leaving the room.

A cold shiver went down my spine as I heard loud footsteps coming in my direction. The footsteps were click clacking loudly on the floor.

Whoever was walking so loudly, definitely wanted everyone to know of their presence.

My breath hitched as a tall man entered the room. He was tall with tattoos littering his body. His eyes, though, were what made me recognize him.

I stared into the familiar eyes of the Red Blood Alpha. His eyes weren't deadly red now.

Only the alpha's irises had remained the same defining red from before. I sat up straight, feeling intimidated.

When he finally opened his mouth to speak,I readied myself for what he was about to say.

"We need to talk."