Chapter Fifteen

'I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and your not in this world to live up to mine'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

It's a day before the fight takes place. I haven't seen the alpha since I was training. He seemed to be avoiding me at all costs.

Elisa shakes my shoulder, making me leave my trance. She gave me a quizzical look before she continued talking.

I don't listen to her, though, as I direct my attention towards a large group of pack members.

They are huddled around in a circle. They all stare at me as we pass them. Their whispers echo in my mind like a whirlwind.

"She doesn't stand a chance against Clarissa."

"She's so weak."

"Look at her, going around with her guards."

"She thinks so highly of herself."

They keep coming,their words striking me hard. Not with a physical pain but with an emotional one.

They don't know me,yet they assume all of these false things about me because I don't meet their expectations as the alpha's mate.

They glare at me with hatred, and some look smug because they know their comments have gotten to me.

Their whispers repeat themselves like a neverending music disk,their voices turning into a loud tune.

Elisa placed a hand in my shoulder. "Just ignore them. They don't know anything."she reassured me, but it doesn't work.

My wolf growls at being disrespected. I may not have been their Luna but that doesn't give them the right to disrespect me.

I'm yet again reminded of my old pack.

Flashback

It had two weeks since my grandmother had been killed. Things in my pack weren't the same.

Whispers followed me wherever I went. I was still being blamed for the reason why my grandmother was dead.

"She's such an ungrateful brat,"

"Why would you kill your own grandmother?"

"She's such a coward."

I ignored their words, ducking my head as I walked past my pack mates.

End of flashback

I shook my head at the memory. I strode over to the pack members, and my head held high.

"You know talking behind my back and not to my face is pretty cowardly. I don't appreciate your comments. None of what you say is true. If I catch any one of you talking about me again,I will come after you.  This is not a threat,"I said.

I saw some of them bow their heads at me. I knew my alpha aura was radiating off of me.

I walked away,my head up proudly. A shrill voice suddenly came from behind me.

"Of course you'd have to be so dramatic. You're sad."said a sickeningly sweet voice. I turned around to see none other than Clarissa.

She stood in front of the pack members,her arms crossed and a glare on her face. I couldn't stand her.

I remembered the way she had her hands all over my mate. I growled at the memory,my wolf becoming furious.

"Says the she wolf,who is so desperate for the alpha's attention,she can't seem to keep her hands to herself."I growled at her.

She narrowed her eyes at me,a snarl escaping her mouth. I snarled loudly at her.

"You're pathetic and weak. You don't stand a chance against me. And who do you think you are, coming into my pack and claiming to be the alpha's mate?"she taunted me.

"Everyone here knows that I am the alpha's true mate."she stated.

That was it.

I lunged towards her,no other thought coming to my mind but to kill her.