Chapter Thirty One

31

'scared is what you are feeling,brave is what your doing '

-Emma Donoghue

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

I moved out of the way as Clarissa landed near me. She stood upwards, and  I saw that her wolf was in control.

"I, Clarissa landers, challenge you,Lily,for the position of the Luna and the Alpha's mate,"she announced.

Everyone stayed silent. Even I was shocked at her words. It had been years since any werewolf had challenged another werewolf for their position.

The fights had stopped long ago. Challenging someone for their position meant a fight to the death.

I suddenly became angry. This girl didn't know when to quit. This was all of her fault.

I was reminded of what she had done. She had kissed my mate. She had claimed Xavier's mate when she knew that I was Xavier's rightful mate.

She had even called my mate by his name.

A wave of anger surged through my veins. I growled, and so did my wolf. Time and time again, Clarissa had gone too far and had disrespected me.

Enough was enough.

No one held me back as I took a step forward and glared at her."I except your challenge,"I confidently spoke.

Some of the pack members gasped in shock, and I saw Xavier clench his jaw. He knew as well as I did that he couldn't do anything.

This was a fight between me and Clarissa. Even Xavier,an alpha, wasn't allowed to interfere.

I followed Clarissa outside, as did the rest of the pack. The gravel crunched under my feet as strode towards the raven haired female.

The pack stood to the side, watching us with curiosity. I look at Xavier to see him nod his head. I knew this was his way of encouraging me.

Thomas stepped forward and stood in the middle of me and Clarissa.

"I'm sure you're aware of how this works. Both of you fight. you're only allowed to stop either if one of you surrenders or if one of you is killed. Whoever is the overall winner is the rightful Luna of the pack and therefore the alpha's mate,"Thomas explained.

I nodded my head in understanding,my eyes never leaving Clarissa.

Thomas stepped back into the crowd before speaking again.

"Begin,"he announced.

As soon as the words left his mouth,I ran towards Clarissa. My claws were extended,my teeth sharp.

Clarissa advanced towards me, extending her claws, too. I got there first, though. I dug my claws into her skin and watched in satisfaction as blood started to drip slowly down Clarissa's arm.

I saw her wince in pain,but it didn't last long. She was quickly pouncing on me, pushing me into the ground.

With her hand in a fist,she delivered a harsh blow into my stomach. I felt my start hurt from the impact of her fist.

I doubled over in pain, clenching my stomach in pain. I quickly raised my fist and punched Clarissa in her nose.

This kept going on for a while. We kept delivering blows at each other. The fight this time was a lot more violent from last time.

I was exhausted, and I was struggling in my human form, so I decided to shift. Fur sprouted in my body, and I struggled to turn into my wolf form.

I managed to do it in the end, though. Clarissa had also shifted. Her wolf was a vivid black with the same hazel eyes as her human form had.

Her wolf was slightly smaller than mine, though, and I quickly realized that I could use that to my advantage.

We clawed at each other,blood dripping down our bodies. My fur was mainly stained now with dried blood.

I keit going, though. I start to snap my jaw at Clarissa,trying to clamp my teeth on her.

When Clarissa is about to run towards me,her eyes transfixed on my neck and her teeth about to bite into my neck,I moved out of the way and tackled her to the ground.

She didn't fight back, and I knew she was exhausted. She closed her eyes, readying herself for the blow and death being delivered to her.

Without hesitation, I bring my head down to snap her neck,teeth at the ready...