Chapter Ninteen

'it hurts when you realize your not as important to someone as you thought you were'

-unkown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

I felt nothing. I felt no pain,no pity,no sadness. I wasn't remorseful in any way.
I wasn't sad over the death of my ex-best friend.

I was sad over losing the best friend I once had and the girl I once knew changing into a completely different person.

Me and Elisa walked in silence, neither of us saying anything. We were on our way back to the pack house.

As soon as we entered the large house,my mate strode towards us. His eyes were fixated on me,his brows furrowed, and jaw clenched tightly.

"Where have you been?"he snarled,his voice filled with nothing but irritation and annoyance.

"Shopping,"I replied curtly. I wasn't in the mood for having an argument with him.

That's all we ever seemed to do. I was tired of it. Why couldn't I just have a mate who accepted me and actually cared about me?

"Don't speak to me like that!"he snarled,his teeth bared.

As if this couldn't get any worse,Clarissa wanted into the room. A smirk was displayed on her face as she stared at me.

"Xavier, what's wrong?"she said slyly. My eyes narrowed at I realized she had just called my mate by his name.

Xavier.

The name fits him perfectly. My heart throbbed, though.

I was the one who was supposed to call him by his name. Having another female saying the name of your mate,unless they are family,was disrespectful.

It hurt me that he would that.

I saw his anger dim slightly. I watched as Clarissa placed her hands on his shoulders,massaging them.

"Don't let her stress you out, baby,"she purred in his ear. Xavier snarled, though, stepping away from Clarissa.

"Don't call me that,"he growled loudly. A part of me relished in seeing Clarissa's disappointed face.

But I knew better.

The alpha clearly did care for Clarissa if he had allowed her to call him by his name and was only saying that because he felt sorry for me

I didn't need his pity.

"Lily,next time you go out,tell me where you are going."he said,expecting a response from me.

I have had it, though.

He may be the Red Blood Alpha, but that doesn't mean he can go around saying he doesn't want me as his mate but still lets me suffer when I see him with Clarissa.

He doesn't get hurt me.

I've had enough of being hurt by people.

"Why do you care what I do? You've made it perfectly clear you want nothing to do with me, yet you worry over my safety?!"I yelled at him.

His eyes narrowed at me, disrespecting him. I didn't care, though.

Seeing Katy has done something to me. I feel more inclined to defend myself and not let my mate hurt me.

Before things could escalate any further,Elisa grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

"Please excuse us, Alpha. We have to get ready for the blue moon festival."Elisa stated.

My mate nodded, letting us through, but I could still feel his eyes on me as we ascended the staircase up to my room.

"You need to be careful with the way you speak to the alpha. He doesn't tolerate any disrespect."Elisa advices.

"I can't believe he let Clarissa touch him again and call him by his name!"I growled, ignoring Elisa's words.

"I know what will make you feel better. Why don't we get ready for the blue moon festival and make that alpha of your jealous?"she said.

I smirk at her.

This is going to be fun.