Chapter Eighteen

'I guess no matter how hard I try,I will never be able to escape my past '

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

I was paralyzed. Every fibre in my body refused to move, keeping me routed in my spot. My blue eyes widened when I saw Elisa growling at Katy.

"You have to come back with me, Lily,the pack needs you. Your father needs you.I need you."she tried to convince me.

I almost believed her words, but as I processed them, I saw the double meaning behind them.

My pack weren't concerned about me,they had made that very clear. My father only worried about me because I was his only child.

I knew he didn't actually care, though. If he did,he wouldn't have let the pack treat me as they had.

I stepped away from Katy,her eyes narrowing at my actions. "No,"I said,my voice firm, but inside, I was quivering in fear.

"I wasn't asking,"she snarled before pouncing towards me. Elisa jumped into action,shifting into her wolf.

She attacked Katy,pinning her to the ground. The fight between them was violent.

They attacked each other relentlessly,both having the intent to kill the other. I stood still,not moving.

I didn't know what to do. Katy used to be my best friend, but when I was blamed for my grandmother's death,she became a completely different person.

This girl fighting Elisa wasn't the Katy I once knew.

She wasn't the girl I had once been best friends with.

That much I knew.

Elisa let out a cry of pain when she was tackled to the ground. I saw Katy in her wolf form,about to snap Elisa's neck.

I reacted on my own accord. I shifted quickly, tackling Katy to the ground. She fell with a thud.

I clawed at her repeatedly, remembering the pain she had made me endure. She suddenly used her hind legs to launch me off of her.

I landed on the ground,a couple metres away. I saw multiple deep cuts digging into Katy's fur.

She had blood oozing out of her deep gashes. She seemed to be in  pain but refused to surrender.

She ran towards me,and Elisa jumped between us. She lunged on top of Katy, snarling at Katy's wolf.

I hear Katy's whimpers of pain. Elisa briefly looked at me for approval. I walked over to Katy's pained form and stared into her brown eyes.

She looked at me,her eyes begging me for mercy and empathy.

As I looked into her eyes,all I saw was a reminder of what she had put me through. While I was being mistreated by the pack,all she had done was stand by and not help me.

She had turned her back on me when I needed her most.

Now, I would return the favour.

Turning back to Elisa,I nodded my head. Elisa turned to Katy and raised her head high.

She opened her mouth widely and quickly clamped down on Katy's neck. There was a snap, and Katy's head rolled to the side,blood practically pouring from her neck.

I turned away from my ex-best friend.

She was dead.