Chapter seventy nine

Lily's Pov

I don't know how long it had been since Xander had left me alone. The dark, cracked walls of the room started to make me feel sick, and I was fed up with staring at the door,hoping it would open and my mate would come.

My mark had started to hurt less, but I knew something wasn't right with me. My body felt weak, and I felt the strong urge to collapse,but I wouldn't let myself.

The door suddenly opened, and I thought my mate would walk through the entrance, but my hope died when I saw Harrt.

"What's he done to you?"Harry asked, his voice sounding conflicted and confused.

I understood that he wouldn't go against his pack or alpha, but I thought he could clearly see that what Xander was doing was wrong.

Xander was supposed to protect the pack,instead, he was causing an unnecessary war with my mate that would not also put the pack at risk, but it was also signing the deaths of the pack off.

Xander knew what Xavier was capable of, yet he continued to not listen and go ahead with his madness.

That's why I was shocked, when Harry helped off the ground and started to pull me along out of the room.

"W-what are y-you doing?"I asked him,my throat raspy as another wave of pain came over me.

"I'm getting you out of here. Lily,I am sorry for not helping you sooner. I didn't realize my alpha was going cause you pain,"Harry apologized as we walked out of the room and through the pack house.

The pack house was modern with plain colours like black and grey being the main theme of the large building.

Harry quickly ducked behind a nearby corner,dragging me with him. There was a rush of footsteps and voices as pack members passed us.

They seemed to be panicked as they talked in rushed voices. I caught on to  what they were saying.

"Alpha says that they have caught his  brother. The poor Luna,she shall suffer the grief of losing her mate soon enough,"I heard a young woman say.

My ears rang as I heard that Xander had caught my mate. Even in my weak state,I refused to leave the pack house without my mate. He had come all this way to rescue me, and now I would do the same for him.

I turned to Harry,clutching his arm as I pleaded with him. "Harry,please take me to Xavier. I need to save him, "I said to him.

"I can't, Lily. I'm already risking everything by getting you out of here. I can't help you get your mate out of here, too. I'm sorry that I can't do more to help you,"Harry said as he started to grab me and lead me further out of the buildings.

My body felt weak as I tried to stop Harry from leading me any further,but he still was able to drag me along with him.

As we finally exited the building, I was suddenly pulled away from Harry and behind a familiar beta.

"Thomas!"I yelled as I hugged him. He awkwardly patted my back before releasing me.

"Thomas,we need to find Xavier. He's been captured, and what about Elisa and the baby? They could be hurt,we have -"I was interrupted by Thomas pulling further away from Harry.

"Luna, I assure you that they will be safe. Now,who is this?"Thomas snarled at Harry, who was now also in a fighting stance.

"Thomas,it's fine. Harry is a friend. He helped me."I assured the worried beta who nodded his head before giving Harry a warning look.

"Where is Elisa being held?"Thomas asked,turning to Harry.

I saw Harry hesitate,his reluctantance clear before he finally answered.  "I'll take you to her,"Harry offered before I and Thomas followed him back into the pack house.

"Keep behind me,and don't leave my side, "Thomas ordered, and I nodded.

Harry led I and Thomas down the same corridor where the room I had been held in was located. As we walked on, I noticed that there were multiple doors on both sides of us.

Harry finally stopped outside of a door to the left of us. With a harsh pull,the door was opened, and I froze at the sight in front of us.

In front of us were Elisa,Xavier, and the same child that I had rescued when Xavier went on a rampage. I hadn't realized that little girl was the other child that had gone missing a cou0le of weeks ago.

Elisa was tied to a chair,her legs and arms bound together by rope, and I noticed multiple scratches on her wrists.

Xavier was bound by multiple chains,his body unmoving,but I saw his eyes fill with worry as he stared at me.

And last, the little girl was locked up in a small metal barred cage that huge up on the wall.

I stared at my mate, my eyes fixated on him.  God,how I had missed him. I rushed over to him,placing my hand on his cheek.

"Xavier, "I whispered, his name like a spell on my lips. He smiled a little bit,his lips quirked up at an angle,but I could tell that he was in pain.As I was about to free him from the chains,a voice stopped me in my tracks.

"What a lovely little family reunion this is,"....