Chapter Seven

'Your future needs you,your past doesn't'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

The warm rays of the sun hit my face,making me sigh in content. I relished in the touch of the warm beams on my face.

My moment of comfort was short lived though as everything came rushing back to me. My memories of last night flashed in my mind.

My grandmother had been killed by the hunters that night. I had  rushed back to my pack to warn them about the hunters.

By the time I had told them, everyone was wondering about where my grandmother was.

My mind flashed back to that faitful night where everything had changed.

Flashback

My pack stared at me as I recalled what had happened with the hunters. I was in shock,my mind distraught with worry for my grandmother.

My father was the alpha of my pack. He tried to calm everyone down as people started to panick.

A loud scream came from behind me. I turned back around to the forest to see two of my pack members in tears.

They continuously shook their heads as if in disbelief. My father rushed over to them. "Alpha, we are sorry for your loss."one of the werewolves said.

"What do you mean?"my father said,his voice shaking with worry.

"Your mother,s-she has been killed by the hunters."

Everyone stilled. The atmosphere tensed,a chilling silence taking over everyone. My heart thumped loudly.

It couldn't be true.

My mother had died while I was young. My grandmother had mainly taken care of me since. She was a second mother to me and was always kind to me.

She had been favoured throughout my pack,and my father had loved her dearly.

She couldn't have been killed.

It wasn't possible.

My father turned towards me. He stormed towards me,anger rolling off of him in deep, furious waves.

My pack mates bowed their heads respectfully,knowing my father wasn't in a good state right now.

My father stared at me. As I looked deeper into his eyes,all I saw was disappointment.

He was disappointed in me.

He was disappointed that I had run off and not stayed to fight the hunters.

But most of all,I could tell he blamed me for what had happened.

He blamed me for leaving my grandmother alone.

"I can't believe my own daughter would do something like this!"he shouted,he was still staring intently into my orbs.

"Dad,I promise y-you it wasn't my f-fault."I tried to explain,but my father just laughed.

His laugh soon turned into a snarl as he glared at me with the most hateful look in his eyes.

"This is your fault, Lily. If you hadn't left her,your grandmother would still be here. You are no longer my daughter, Lily."my dad announced.

"You're a coward." Those had been the final words my father ever said to me.

-end of flashback -

I shook my head at the memory. Everything had gone downhill after my grandmother had died.

My father barely talked to me. He would always ignore me and busy himself with work.

The pack was no better. They also blamed me for my grandmother's death.

My rank was later on changed. I was no longer the alpha's daughter but the pack's servant.

Some might even say my rank was lower than an Omega's. That's why I had to escape.

I felt like a caged bird. I hated that I had restricted freedom and rules that I had to follow.

I was in a better place now.

Even if that meant,my mate didn't want me.