Twenty ○ Young Master

"Where is your house? We will leave you there." Mingyu said getting up from the ground and dusting off the dirt on his hand. Jihoon too stood up and held the baby boy's hand.

"I live in the mansion." The boy replied pointing the fully lighted house from far that was fully lighted as ever.

"Mansion... you mean you're Lee Chan?" Mingyu asked which made Jihoon leave Chan's hand for a few seconds but then again he held his face and looked over him for any bruises.

"You're okay right? They didn't hurt you anywhere right?" Jihoon asked concerned about what he heard last night.

"Who hurt me?" Chan asked, confused at the unexpected care.

"Well... No one." Jihoon replied. As long as the baby wasn't hurt.

"Hyung, he is treated like a prince. What are you even blabbering again..." Mingyu sighed.

"Let's take you home." Jihoon said, holding Chan's hand in a protective way. They slowly walked their way as they were exhausted by running out of the forest.

The mansion's gate was so big for the children standing in front of it. Jihoon doubtfully knocked and a guard peeped through the gap and opened the gate once he saw Chan with them.

"Young Master!" The guard bowed and they walked in but the cousins were immediately stopped by the guards.

"They are with me." Chan said coldly as an adult would say. His child aura changed right away. How could a probably 9 year old speak that coldly.

"But Young Master, other people aren't allowed to enter the mansion without Madame's orders." The guard replied. He was still bowed infront of him.

"I don't care. They are my people." Chan said and walked past the guard. The boys were stunned at the scene infront of them and felt really uncomfortable to walk any further.

"Uhh... Chan... Sorry. Young Master. We don't think we belong here... We will leave now as we only came here to drop you safely." Mingyu said politely.

"You can call me Chan. And I am the one who decides who belongs here." Chan said quite arrogantly.

"Uhh... Sorry..." Mingyu bowed and quickly ran out of the gate holding Jihoon's hands.

"Hey!"

....

"That was rude Mingyu. He is a child." Jihoon complained when they reached their home.

"Don't you see how his attitude changed when we were there. He is so bossy and was so arrogant to them. Maybe he will punish us for talking back to him." Mingyu exaggerated.

"What are you babbling... He is a literal child. He doesn't know much about anything and I am sure that is how his parents treat their servants. So he could've learned the same from them. Maybe they even asked him to act like that to them because for them they're the inferior. You might not have noticed but I saw how trying to cover up his tremble which speaking. He was just acting to look stronger. What I have heard last night, I am sure it was screams of someone being beaten and even if it wasn't the Chan we met today then  it was someone else. Chan doesn't seem like a normal child to me. He must've seen some horrifying things that we might have never experienced till now." Jihoon explained.

"Wow! Hyung! You're so cool!!!!! Meossitta!!!!!" Mingyu's eyes glistening like in dramas and clapping for his hyung and Jihoon stood there with his proud pumped up chest.

"Mingyu-ya! Jihoon-ah! Come fast! Dinner is ready!" They heard Mrs. Lee calling from inside.

.......

Chan looked at the duo running out of the gate and stayed quiet for a few seconds. Then he ordered, "Take me to them."

The guard quickly arranged the car that was parked nearby and followed them closely till the next street. He asked the driver to stay in and walked out, hiding behind the pole, eavesdropping their conversation.

"He must've seen some horrifying things that we might have never experienced till now."

The words rang in his mind and brought tears. He looked at the cousins with adoration.

Hyung... Geomaweo... I will be good to my hyungnim too... then we will be like you too...

He stepped back when they went inside and they left back for the mansion. He had completely forgotten about the pain he had till now.