Fourty One ○ Best Friend

He wanted to meet his dear friend one last so he visited Mingyu who was sleeping peacefully in the infirmary.

"Mingyu-ya..." He called him which broke his sleep. He was almost conscious by now.

"You're okay?" Jungkook asked. His face was full of concern.

"Did something happen to me?" Mingyu asked holding his head which was aching badly for some reason.

He lifted his other hand but felt a sting.

"Ouch!"

"They drew your blood." Jungkook said sternly.

"Why? Am I ill?"

"No..."

"Then?"

Jungkook sighed and hugged Mingyu one last time.

"I am leaving for Busan." Jungkook said smiling sadly.

"All of a sudden? Did something bad happen?" Mingyu asked. He was confused. Why would Jungkook want to leave without letting him know why he is leaving. "When will you return?"

"I don't know." Jungkook finally let out his emotions and cried hugging Mingyu.

"What happened Jungkook-ah? Why are you crying?"

"I don't know. Don't ask me anything. Just let me hug you." Jungkook said sobbing on his shoulders. He didn't want to part ways with bitter memories. He wanted only happiness.

"Please be careful. Don't let anyone come near you. Don't trust anyone. Especially anyone who calmly lingers around you." Jungkook warned him about the possibilities.

"Don't eat anything given by anyone. If you don't believe it's yours or you don't believe them then don't. Mingyu-ya... I am afraid... Be safe... Please..."

"Jungkook-ah..."

"Someone drugged the Snickers you ate and put a cocaine packet in my pocket. I am doomed." Jungkook said smiling sadly.

"What the fuck..."

"We have no proof that it wasn't us. So I.." Jungkook looked down fidgeting his fingers.

"So you what?"

"I took the blame on myself." Jungkook said in a single breath.

"No, Jungkook you didn't -"

"I am sorry. I should have been careful. I shouldn't have let you have those bars since I knew they weren't mine... I am sorry... I caused all of this..."

"Stop it Jungkook. Stop saying sorry for things you're responsible for." Mingyu scolded and hugged him aggressively.

"Love you my dear chingu. But we have to say goodbye now." Jungkook said leaving the hug and patted his shoulder.

"Nobody knows that you were drugged. They just think it was me so we should keep it like that... There's no need for two lifes being ruined at once when it could be just one. And I know if you were in my place then you would have done the same. So you don't have to feel any guilt. It was my own choice that I made for myself. Life is really long. There's a long way to go."

"I love you. Please don't forget me. Let's talk whenever we can." Mingyu said holding his hand.

Jungkook gently squeezed his hand and pecked. "My cute puppy Gyu." He said ruffling his hair.

Some goodbyes come harder than they seem. It was something he neither wanted nor thought would happen. Mingyu was acting strong until Jungkook left the room. He was hurt. Surely very hurt. Jungkook was really good to him till the very end but what happened is that everything seems crumbling under him.

Wonwoo entered the infirmary as soon as he heard about it from Jungkook. He ran as quickly as he could to reach his love whom he found laying on the floor, crying while hitting the floor with his fist. He was trying to replace his pain with physical injury but he was not even able to do anything just like he did nothing for his best friend Jungkook.

"Mingyu-ya..." Wonwoo caressed his back while hugging him.

"I am the worst. It all happened because of me. I am the worst..." Mingyu cried hugging him more closely.

"No Gyu. You're not. It's not your fault. Nothing is ever your fault." Wonwoo mouthed soothing words for him continuously to calm him down.

Mingyu didn't break the hug even after he stopped crying.

"You won't leave me too, right?" Mingyu finally asked mouthing his words over Wonwoo's neck.

"No, I won't ever leave you."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Mingyu finally smiled and left his weight totally on Wonwoo. His energy was totally drained out.

"Mingyu, you know you're not light weight anymore, right?" Wonwoo joked and got a hit on his chest.

"I hate you."

"I love you too."