Fourty Eight ○ Bass

Jihoon and Chan walked into their rooms and Chan was really excited he would be sharing a bed with his crush. He was blushing internally and was about to die with a racing heart.

He bit his lip and slowly walked to the bed and sat beside Jihoon who had his head over the headboard.

"Jihoon hyung..."

"Hmmmm?"

"I... I have something for you..." Chan almost stuttered and got off the bed. He opened the cupboard and pulled out a bag.

"Wait that's -"

"A bass guitar for you." Chan said and handing him the instrument once he took it out of the bag. Jihoon's eyes were brighter just like he saw it on the new year's 3 years ago. Every time he smiles Chan just falls for him again. His eyes were barely visible by the lingering smile that crept for eternity.

"Can you play it for me..." Chan asked hesitating a bit.

"Can I?" Jihoon asked while caressing the shape and played a few strings.

"Something new?" Chan asked hearing the music he had never heard.

"Yeah... A new song I have been working on for a while." Jihoon said. But he didn't seem to be so confident over it.

Chan sighed and pressed a peck on his cheek and back hugged him. He cupped the hand holding the top and other hand making his hand to be placed over the strings, making him give it a stroke.

"I love you so much hyung. You're the best in the world for me. Be confident in yourself." Chan whispered in his ears. Jihoon's body was sending him shivers to the thin voice he heard so close for the first time. He wasn't sure about his feelings towards Chan but this was something he had never experienced before.

Jihoon for the first time wanted to go with the flow. He already knew how Chan was extra sweet towards him but he didn't really pry over it. He had never really thought about his sexuality but he wasn't any opposite to anything other than the traditional. He was open for anything as long as he was comfortable.

Jihoon leaned towards Chan, placing his head over his shoulder and pecked his cheek.

"You're cute." He commented.

"Aigoo... Uli Jihoonie hyung... Neodo neomu giyeowo..." Chan responded and pecked his cheek again. "Can you play the song for me?" He asked and pouted at him making Jihoon giggle.

"I have just written how its going to end. Didn't really think through though." Jihoon said.

"Doesn't matter. As long as it's you who is singing this."

Jihoon cleared his throat and closed his eyes and hummed a tune and his palm finally fell into the right tune of the bass.

"Uriege gwayeon Eotteon miraega Olbareun geonji
Haneuri dabeul juji anaseo
Hogeun naega cham meongcheonghaeseo
Dojeohi al suga eopdeora"

[What kind of future is come before us?
Even if the Heavens don't give us an answer
I'm too stupid until the end
So I don't know the answer]

Jihoon sang the verse he had written and practiced to be perfect at it pouring his sincere feelings into the lyrics.

"Oh-ooh-woah, oh-oh, oh-ooh-woah, oh"

He hummed the end and Chan too joined him, humming in his ears sweetly.

The tune still played in his mind. He wasn't over the fact that it was so catchy and melodious.

Jihoon went shy and kept the bass into the bag making Chan frown.

"Why... I wanted to hear more of it..." Chan whined.

"That's the only part I have written so far. I am not good at it." Jihoon said scratching his head and free falling on the bed.

"Not good? What part of it was not good Lee Jihoon-ssi? You must be kidding me at this point." Chan scolded kneeling in front of him.

"I don't know. It's just..." Jihoon wanted to say something but he didn't really have anything to say and chose to face his back towards Chan. "Please don't ask me anything."

Chan looked at him annoyingly and hugged him aggressively, breathing over his shoulder.

"Chan..."

"You're anything but never bad."

"Hmmm... I have actually applied for a competition. It's not a known one but it's still something I want to try atleast." Jihoon confessed. So far he hasn't told anyone else.

"Nothing is insignificant in our lives as long as we enjoy it." Chan encouraged.

"Thank you for saying that. I really needed to hear it." Jihoon smiled finally and they faced each other.

Chan looked into his eyes with an expecting look. Jihoon was only adoring his innocent face. Chan leaned forward and connected his lips with him. Jihoon didn't resist. Chan hummed the previous tune that isn't leaving his mind and fell asleep in each other's embrace.