Fifty Seven ○ Corner

A Few Weeks Later

"Why don't you try applying to another competition. Just because you ruining one doesn't mean you can't accept another one." Chan asked Jihoon who was blankly looking at the sky.

"I am just guilty of not quitting when I should have. So I am trying to repent on my actions. How could I put a mere competition before Mingyu?" Jihoon asked back Chan who was laying comfortably on the grass placing his head on Jihoon's lap.

"He is okay now. Anyways the doctor said it was just his illusion because of stress. And he had no physical wounds. I don't think you have to worry about this." Chan stated.

"Are you sure it was just his brain and nothing real? You remember the drugs incident right? I don't feel good about anything. Nothing is right." Jihoon said. His brain forming speculations over the recent happenings. "Cornering him in such an empty place is really concerning."

"But didn't hyung say that he went in there by himself. Nobody forced him to go there?"

"Yeah. That is what is killing me. I don't know what is happening but something isn't right."

"I am just feeling happy that they will take you as a wild card for the finale. We shouldn't pester on things that we aren't sure about. I am just trying to be positive about the situation, Jihoonie hyung. Mingyu hyung seems to be doing fine." Chan said playing with Jihoon's hair.

"He is anxious to be alone. He is okay only when he is with us around. His teacher complained about his behaviour in the classroom. He isn't able to concentrate over anything. Have you noticed his fingers? He is constantly pricking his skin. He is so not okay."

"What? Really? I only looked at him laughing with Wonwoo hyung. I thought he was okay..." Chan stopped and looked at Jihoon being serious about it.

Jihoon sighed and replied, "He is barely sleeping at night. Only if I hug him, he will sleep. Even a single detachment leaves him grief."

"I am sorry hyung... I thought he was okay... Shall I ask daddy to look for a good psychiatrist. I am sure they would be able to help him."

"We have had enough favours from you Chan. Please don't."

"Hyung... You all are my family too. I am not doing any favours to you. Why are you making me feel so distant..."

"Chan... It's not like that..."

---

"Hyung!!! Chughahae!!!" Mingyu hugged Jihoon tightly in the green room. This time he was accompanied by Wonwoo.

It was kind of a Deja Vu situation for them but they were trying to ignore the eerie coincidences.

"I haven't even performed yet. What are you congratulating me on?" Jihoon said pushing him off himself and dramatically cleaning his clothes.

Mingyu pouted and flicked his forehead. "You were indeed selected as a wild card. Isn't that a good news. I know your chance was ruined earlier because of me but now you don't have to fear about me. Wonwoo hyung is there to protect me." Mingyu proudly said looking at his boyfriend.

"Please take care of him for me Wonwoo. I will be a bit relieved if he is with you." Jihoon said holding Wonwoo's hands.

"I will take care of him, Jihoon. Rest assured."

After leaving the green room, they passed the same corridor like that day. Chan remained there to help him with his fitting. Mingyu clutched his fist over Wonwoo's when they passed the supposed washroom.

Mingyu was almost in tears reminiscing the past events. Wonwoo noticed and stopped. He looked into Mingyu's eyes and attached his lips, kissing him in a slow yet needy pace.

He attached their foreheads and whispered, "It's okay Mingyu-ya. Hyung is here with you."

Mingyu nodded and they went into the crowd enjoying the show with the other audience. Mingyu was shouting his lungs out, screaming and chanting all the songs. He was pretty much sounding better than the other contestants on the stage.

"You become a rapper Mingyu-ya." Wonwoo said laughing at the over excited being infront of him.

"And you become a gamer hyung. Playing with a noob like me won't take you anywhere." Mingyu said pinching Wonwoo's nose.

"We will think about that some other day. Right now let's live the moment honey." Wonwoo said and hugged Mingyu from back who was still busy enjoying the songs.

"I wish the time stopped here and I never have to leave you from my arms." Wonwoo whispered into his ears making Mingyu halt and turned to him. Wonwoo was smiling but his eyes were full of tears.

Mingyu wiped the tears falling off Wonwoo's eyes and hugged him tightly.

"Saranghaeyo hyung."

---

I am fighting my urge to quit this book coz I feel like I am dragging it too much.
But I won't quit for sure.