Thirty Four ○ Don't hate me

From that day for some reason Wonwoo started talking less and felt distant. Mingyu was really quick to notice but Wonwoo shrugged it off by saying he was just feeling low. The feeling was unsettling but what would a little child know to rationalize it.

And then came the day that Mingyu never wanted to come. Wonwoo was leaving him for good. And he had no idea how to break it to Mingyu. He was afraid to hurt him but that was inevitable so he decided to procrastinate as much as he could since watching Mingyu hurt would hurt him too.

Here Mingyu was acting as the wife sitting on the ground stirring water inside a small toy utensil as if he was cooking something and happily chanting some tunes.
(Ghar Ghar khel rahe hai in simple words)

Wonwoo was contemplating on how to break the news to Mingyu and fidgeting while leaning on the tree under which they were sitting.

Mingyu noticed the uneasiness and walked to him and sat beside him. He leaned on his shoulders and drew circles on his palm.

"Wonu looks sad. What is bothering you?" Mingyu asked.

"Mingyu-ya... I... Ummm" Wonwoo couldn't gather words. As if they were stuck somewhere. He sighed. "I am sorry..." He replied and leaned towards Mingyu caressing his head.

"Why... Why sorry..."

"I don't know how to say it. I am just just sorry Mingyu... Please don't hate me..." Wonwoo apologized yet again and looked at the opposite side trying to hide the tears that were threatening to come out.

"Wonu hyung... Are you crying??" Mingyu quickly hugged him and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "Why would I hate hyung? I love you."

"I wanted to tell you this sooner but I didn't want to break your heart so early..." Wonwoo was quitely sobbing in Mingyu's embrace.

"What happened..."

"I am going to Nippon (Japan) tomorrow... My parents are taking me with them..." Wonwoo finally said it and another wave of tears left his eyes. Mingyu didn't say anything and neither moved from his position. "Mingyu-ya..." Mingyu tightened his hug and left his weight fully on Wonwoo. "Mingyu-ya... Kim Mingyu.... Please say something..."

Wonwoo could now feel his shirt getting wet from the big tears that Mingyu eyes were leaving. He didn't make any noise and only breath heavily. Both didn't want to let go of each other and stayed there for minutes without talking about anything.

"I hate you." Mingyu finally whispered gritting his teeth.

"Please do..."

Mingyu pushed Wonwoo and ran to this home without saying anything further. He cried holding his mother. She already knew about it but didn't want to hurt Mingyu either just like Wonwoo. She didn't want to ruin the little days he had with his Wonu hyung he was raised with. With whom he had his whole life imagined, was now leaving him for how long he does not know and he was afraid the answer would be forever.

He cried the whole night and ended up with a fever the next day after he woke up.

"Will he be able to go to the airport in this condition?" Mingyu's dad asked looking at his wife who was checking the body temperature of her child which turned out to be 110 degrees.

"I don't know... He is just too sick and doesn't want to talk. But they have never been separated for the past 6 years. It won't be fair to not meet Wonwoo for the last time. They didn't mention when they would return so we can't have any hopes." Mingyu's mother said caressing his forehead which was burning hot.

"Just dress him warmly. I will take him to the airport."

It was past 2 in the afternoon and Wonwoo was standing outside his house looking at Mingyu's house expectantly while his parents were loading the luggage into the trunk of the cab.

He bit his lip trying to hold the tears and averted his gaze and sat inside the car's backseat and leaned on the window while sitting on his mother's lap.

His father sat in the passenger's seat but they didn't start the car as if they had been for someone and soon someone knocked on the car's window. Wonwoo's face lit up looking at the little Mingyu wrapping his hands around his father's neck. He looked like a fluffy ball since we was covered with heavy sweaters to keep him warm.

Cute...

"Is he okay?" Wonwoo's mother asked looking at Mingyu's state. He was barely able to open his eyes.

The father quickly sat beside her holding his dear son and replied, "He is surely not but I can't take the children away from each other. It just hurts looking at them like this."

She sadly smiled at him and then caressed Mingyu's cheeks. "You're such a strong boy Mingyu-ya. Our Wonwoo is really lucky to have a friend like you."

Wonwoo quickly jumped off his mother's lap and sat beside Mingyu. He held Mingyu's hand and put it on his own cheeks. Even though Mingyu could barely connect to the situation, he was angry at Wonwoo for sure and turned his head in the other direction.

"Please don't hate me Mingyu-ya..." Wonwoo said but Mingyu didn't budge.

Wonwoo took his hand and placed it on the ring of his finger that made Mingyu turn to him. Wonwoo was wearing the ring that Mingyu had made for them. It's not green anymore. The leaf dried and turned wheatish colour but they didn't care.

Mingyu finally leans on Wonwoo whom he considers his lifeline, hugging him and said, "Don't forget me."

"Don't hate me."

As they reached the airport, Mingyu wasn't ready to leave Wonwoo and neither did Wonwoo want it but they somehow ended up leaving each other after a while. Mingyu and his father waved their hands bidding their farewell as the Jeon family took their boarding.