Twenty Two ○ Wait here

Earlier that day

"Hyungnim! Hyungnim!" Chan chimed walking out of his room, trying to find his hyung. He was busy washing the utensils in the kitchen.

"Hyungnim! Let's go outside today. Mom won't be back till evening. We can have some fun!" Chan said excitedly while leaning on the door.

"No Chan. We will be in trouble if we get caught." The boy replied continuing his work.

"Hyungnim! Please! It's so boring staying inside the room. All alone. I have no friends. You're the only one. Please..."

You are digging your own grave, Young Master.

"Okhay... Then we will do whatever you say." The boy replied smiling at Chan.

"East or west, Min Hyungnim is the best!" Chan chimed marching to the backdoor and jumped off the wall by climbing the stones stacked near the wall for some reason. Min too looked around and jumped off the wall.

"Where are we going today?" Chan asked while dusting off his dirty hands.

"Jaha raahe le chale. (Wherever the road takes us to)" Min replied while holding his hand and running up behind the walls of the mansion to escape to a road that seemed to be not taken by many.

Eventually, they were deep inside the jungle with nobody around. All around, it was only them and the sounds of the birds that filled the whole area.

"Hyungnim... Where are you taking me..." Chan asked looking around his whereabouts.

"I am scared..." He mumbled.

"It's okay baby. We will reach there soon." He assured Chan while walking ahead leaving the unsure child behind.

Chan wanted to go back but he had no idea how to and ended up following him. After a few more minutes of walking that seemed like forever, they reached a spot that seemed to used for a long time by someone. It was by a small pond like water body and a small cave like tunnel with some useful things like blanket and fruits were kept inside.

"Where are we..." Chan murmured.

"Do you like it?" Min asked folding his hands.

"Does someone live here?" He asked back instead of answering him, looking through the stuff inside.

"Chan-ah! Wanna see the pond closely?" He asked holding his hand and pulling him closely, while leading him.

"It looks dirty though..." Chan said looking at his hyung innocently.

"No, it isn't. Look." Min said making Chan stand near the edge.

Chan took a step forward unwillingly as he was pushed by Min, ending up slipping on the algae and falling in the cold water. Min smirked and looked at Chan who was fighting to be out of the water. Even though it wasn't that deep, it was for such a young child.

"Hyungnim!!" He tried asking for help.

"Chan-ah! Gwaechana!!" Min quickly jumped into the water and pulled Chan out, placing him on his lap who was fully drenched and shivering.

"Aigoo! Uri Channie. You should be careful at such places." He said tucked the wet hair from his face while Chan was busy trying to catch a breath.

"I am sorry hyungnim. I will be careful." Chan replied, getting up from Min's lap but fell again when he felt a sting on his knee.

"I am bleeding..." Chan whispered quietly taking a look at his leg. He accidentally got hit by a branch while falling into the water.

"Do you like this place though, Chan? You haven't answered my question." Min asked as if nothing happened just now.

"I... I don't... Can we go back..." Chan said looking around. Not really sure if he should say it since he didn't want his hyungnim to be disappointed because of him.

"WHY! We have so much time left. This place is so cool and quiet! Nobody will nag you here Chan. See? You have all the freedom you want." Min stated, boasting about the not so safe place they were in.

"I wanna go home hyungnim! Jebalyo!!!" Chan almost cried making his hyungnim sigh.

"You're such a crybaby. Do you not feel ashamed to cry? Be a man!" Min taunted.

"Hyungnim let's go please." He begged.

"You really disappoint me everytime. Let's go then." Min said shooking his head and started walking ahead.

"Hyungnim, didn't we come that way?" Chan asked pointing in the other direction.

"I know a shortcut." Min said pulling Chan this time. They walked for a long time, and Chan was too tired and even his wound was only making it worse.

"Oh shit! I forgot!" Min exclaimed leaving Chan's hand.

"What happened..."

"I forgot my pendant there." Min said smacking his own head.

"Hyungnim..."

"Chan, you know how important it is to me. It's the only thing I have of my mom." Min said making a sad face.

"I can't walk back hyungnim..." Chan said looking down.

"You... just wait here... I will be back for you. Okay?" He asked.

"Hyung... I am scared." Chan's eyes turned glossy.

"What are you? A two year old?" Min asked, being frustrated but immediately changed his tone to soft. "Chan-ah, you wait here for me. I will be back after I bring it."

Chan was unsure but he had no choice. He needed rest to be out of the jungle so hesitatingly agreed and sat beside a tree, hugging his knees.