Twenty Four ○ Salt on his wounds

"I should probably be rewarded for this by mother." Min said looking at the sky.
"I will live happily mother." He smiled and walked out of the jungle.

Min climbed the walk back into the mansion and pretended to be in there the whole time.

It was alot dark now, and the Madame of the house returned.

"Lee Chan! Uri Channie! Neo eodiya!" She chimed walking through the hallway leading to his room, but found it empty.

"Chan? Channie??"

She asked the nanny but she had no idea. "The last time I saw Young Master talking to Min in the kitchen." The maid told her of what she saw in the afternoon.

Madame quickly called her secretary and they quickly captured him in the basement. His hands and legs were tied up and his mouth was bleeding from all the beatings he took but didn't say anything.

"What did you do with my son?!" She asked slapping his face.

"I don't know about anything Eomma." Min replied hissing at the sting on his cheek.

"Eomma?! I am not your eomma, you bastard." She snickered and pushing him to fall on the floor.

"He is becoming more and more stubborn. I feel like I am growing a snake in this house." She sighed to herself.

"Eom- Madame... no... I will be good. I will be really good. It was my fault. Beat me all you want but don't throw me out of the house. Please... He... he... he is in the jungle. We... we... were chased by a wild boar... and we... we... lost each other... I tried to look for him... but I couldn't..." Min stated.

"Jungle?! Wild boar?! What did you do toy child?! OH MY GOD! Secretary Na, make this bastard kneel outside the house. Pour some salt on his face. He will know how it feels to experience pain!Order the guards to search the whole jungle. I WANT MY CHILD TO BE BACK SAFE RIGHT NOW!"

Meanwhile

Chan had forgotten about his hyung for a while as he was busy with the two cousins he just met. But his smile soon turned into a frown when he had found his hyungnim kneeled down by the mansion's door. His face swollen and bleeding with fresh wounds and some old bruises ones opened up again after being beaten.

"Hyungnim!!!!"

He ran as fast as he could with his small bruised knee that was now bleeding and his bodyguard noticed and quickly held him back just a few metres away.

"Oh Chan... You came... I am okay." He replied still not looking back at him.

Why are you still alive?!!?!!?!

"Why did they beat you again..." Chan asked, hugging him tightly.

"I am sorry to leave you alone... In the jungle..." Min stuttered.

"It's okay hyungnim... I was more worried about you. Let's go inside."

"You bastard child! You dare take my child for anymore of your wild adventures again, I will make sure you will be some wild animal's food for the night." Madame said walking into the living room.

"Eomma! I was the one who asked him to take me outside. Can you stop treating hyungnim like this. Jeball!!!" Chan protested while trying to control his falling tears.

"Omo! Uri Channie!" She ran upto him, pushing Min away and hugging Chan in her embrace. "What's with all these wounds on your body... And your knee..." She paused while caressing the wound.

"Eomma! I fell on the way back. Why are you always beating hyungnim over me?! I am so sick of this!" He pushed her away and ran into his room. She sighed. She knew how her baby would be so she didn't follow him and turned her attention towards the other person in the room.

"Why are you always after Chan? You want his property? Then you should'nt have been born out of a wedlock." She said mocking him.

"I... Just want to be his hyungnim..." He answered in a low voice.

"You can be his hyungnim only in your dreams. Your only duty is to protect him but you seem to be out of it. You know what to do now, right? I hope your mind will be cleared by the morning."

After everyone slept and the mansion's lights were dimmed, Chan sneaked out of his room with a now cleaned and properly bandaged knee.

"Hyungnim!"

"Chan! Go inside!"

"No... I am fine! Go!" Min tried to send him back but Chan being stubborn stayed there until Min walked upto him and they both sat down behind the tree.

Chan took out a few alcohol swabs, cleaning the woods as a professional as if it was his everyday thing which indeed was.

"Can you please go inside Chan... Please... If they will see you here, they will beat me again..." Min pleaded.

I hate seeing your face...

Chan frowned and threw a few bandages over his hyungnim. "Can you not shoo me away always..." Chan said which had a little hurt evident and walked back to his room.