Thirty Three ○ Two Rings

Mingyu's words were cut by the soft lips attached to his own lips, who carefully sucked the honey flavored saliva from his mouth. He didn't resist and rather gave in at the moment. A faint sob left his mouth as tears were dwelling out of his eyes. His hands hugged the person tightly as if they would leave him the moment he loosened.

----

Mingyu and Wonwoo grew up as neighbour buddies since they were born. Wonwoo was a year older than Mingyu. Since his birth, Mingyu had been around Wonwoo. Playing, eating, sleeping, bathing, everything they did almost together.

Wonwoo was a really calm one while Mingyu was fussy which made them the bittersweet duo of the neighborhood. Wonwoo was considered the sweet and Mingyu was bitter. Why? Because Wonwoo was too composed and mature for his age while Mingyu would only make everything turn into mess. He wouldn't like to see anyone around Wonwoo. He wanted him for himself and only himself. No one else was allowed to be near him. While, Wonwoo had no problem with Mingyu playing with anyone else but Mingyu never wanted to be with anyone else other than him. Just him and his Wonu hyung was his world. Jihoon occasionally came up for a visit when his parents visited Mingyu's family. Mingyu had no problem with Jihoon though. Jihoon and Wonwoo were the same year old.

"Wonu hyung! Wonu hyung!" The 6 year old Mingyu was calling for his only buddy's attention.

"Yes, my prince Gyu." Wonwoo replied walking towards him.

"Look what I made for us!" Mingyu said bringing his fisted hand in front of Wonwoo and slowly opened his palm revealing two rings made of long thick grasses that were freshly picked from the nearby lake.

"Wow, you're so talented Gyu. It's so pretty." Wonwoo said holding one of the rings.

"I saw a movie yesterday. The boy and girl got married in the end. They exchanged rings and promised to be with each other. The boy actually left the girl for another girl. I didn't like it. But then he is back for her because he loved her since childhood. We should also do this so that you don't leave me alone like that boy did." Mingyu explained in one go.

"So you're saying you want to marry me?" Wonwoo asked and received a prideful nod in response.

"Why should I marry you?" Wonwoo said getting closer and making Mingyu wear the ring. Mingyu was really hurt by the question. Wonwoo should have instantly agreed instead of asking why.

Mingyu pushed him aside and stomped his way in opposite direction. Wonwoo giggled and followed him. "Mingyu-ya!" He called for him but the latter wasn't responding.

He quickly held him and turned him to face him. Wonwoo finally glanced at the ring he made Mingyu wear and traced his thumb over it.

 Wonwoo finally glanced at the ring he made Mingyu wear and traced his thumb over it

"It's beautiful..." Wonwoo commented but Mingyu was still sulking.

He made Mingyu hold the other ring and passed it through his own finger.

"Are we married now?" Wonwoo asked.

"Are we?" Mingyu asked himself.

"Are you happy?" Wonwoo questioned cutely.

"Very! Very!" Mingyu rejoiced and hugged him tightly.

"Wait, I forgot. If we get married then we should kiss!" Mingyu said shyly.

"Uhh well..." Wonwoo stuttered. Hesitance was clearly visible on his face.

"Why... You don't like me..." Mingyu almost cried.

"I... I like you... But..."

"Kiss me hyung..." Mingyu said making doe eyes.

Wonwoo sighed and took a step forward closing the distance between them. He held Mingyu's ring palm with his own and raised it to the front to kiss his hand gently with the utmost care. Mingyu giggled at the soft touch.

Wonwoo finally learned forward to his lips. Mingyu's smile faded at the close proximity. He too leaned forward. The children had no idea what they were doing but they just wanted to love each other that maybe the world didn't like. Right before their lips would touch Wonwoo heard his grandmother calling for him and he immediately left without saying a word. Their unrequited first kiss at the moment. Little did Mingyu care. He was too young and was discovering things.

The Next Day

Mingyu happily walked up to Wonwoo holding his school bag and went to school like everyday. He noticed Wonwoo was quite the whole time. Not that he talked everyday but he was just too silent today.

"Hyung... Are you mad at me?" The innocent baby Mingyu asked.

"Huh? No, why?"

"Then why are you not talking to me... Is this how it is after marriage? Do you not love me anymore..." Wonwoo laughed at the baby who is talking as if he is an adult.

"Mingyu-ya, I will love you no matter the circumstances."