Twenty One ○ Bleeding Wounds

Chan walked into the open mansion gate, smiling to himself while his bodyguard was steadily following him from behind. His smile turned into a frown when he found his hyungnim kneeled down by the door. His face swollen and bleeding with fresh wounds and some old bruises ones opened up again after being beaten.

"Hyungnim!!!!"

He ran as fast as he could with his small bruised knee that was now bleeding and his bodyguard noticed and quickly held him back just a few metres away.

"Leave me! Leave me!" He struggled all his might in his arms.

"Young Master, please stay calm. If Madame sees your knee bleeding this much then it would be even worse for him." The bodyguard said pointing at the poor boy infront of them.

But wasn't the type to obey anyone. He harshly but his arm and ran upto the boy.

"Hyung... Are you okay?" He asked almost crying, looking at his hyungnim infront of him who wasn't looking back at him.

"Oh Chan... You came... I am okay." He replied still not looking back at him.

"Why did they beat you again..." Chan asked, hugging him tightly.

"I am sorry to leave you alone... In the jungle..." The boy stuttered.

"It's okay hyungnim... I was more worried about you. Let's go inside." Chan said making him get up and both limped their way inside.

"You bastard child! You dare take my child for anymore of your wild adventures again, I will make sure you will be some wild animal's food for the night." A lady said walking into the living room.

"Eomma! I was the one who asked him to take me outside. Can you stop treating hyungnim like this. Jeball!!!" Chan almost screamed while trying to control his falling tears.

"Omo! Uri Channie!" She ran upto him, pushing the boy away and hugging Chan in her embrace. "What's with all these wounds on your body... And your knee..." She paused while caressing the wound. "You bastard, what did you do him?!" She asked, pushing the boy away.

"Eomma! I fell on the way back. Why are you always beating hyungnim over me?! I am so sick of this!" He pushed her away and ran into his room.

"Why are you always after Chan? You want his property? Then you should'nt have been born out of a wedlock." She snickered at the calm boy infront of her who was looking down.

"I... Just want to be his hyungnim..." He answered in a low voice.

"You can be his hyungnim only in your dreams. Your only duty is to protect him but you seem to be out of it. You know what to do now, right?" She asked.

"Yes Madame... I will sleep in the garden tonight..."

"Good. I hope your mind will be cleared by the morning."

He bowed to the lady and limped his way out the door and sat on the garden's wet mud. He quietly wrapped his hands, sobbing and hugging himself from the cold weather.

After everyone slept and the mansion's lights were dimmed, Chan sneaked out of his room with a now cleaned and properly bandaged knee. He was in his nightwear, holding a mini first aid kit in his hands. Taking small voiceless footsteps, he reached the end of the backdoor and avoided bodyguards guarding to reach the boy laying on the cold grass.

"Hyungnim!" He whisperedly called the boy who looked at him with a worried eyes.

"Chan! Go inside!" He whisper yelled at him. But Chan shook his head, pouting at him and showing the first aid in his hands.

"No... I am fine! Go!" He tried to send him back but Chan being stubborn stayed there until the boy walked to him and they both sat down behind the tree.

Chan took out a few alcohol swabs, cleaning the woods as a professional as if it was his everyday thing which indeed was.

He applied small bandages on small cuts and wrapped the deeper ones with cotton bandage.

"Can you please go inside Chan... Please... If they will see you here, they will beat me again..." He pleaded which made Chan to frown and he quickly got up, throwing a few more bandages over him

"Can you not shoo me away always..." Chan said which had a little hurt evident. But he still walked back inside without waiting for his reply.