Twenty Three ○ No Fun, No choice

"Chan-ah, you wait here for me. I will be back soon."

Chan was unsure but he had no choice. He needed rest to be out of the jungle so hesitatingly agreed and sat under a tree, hugging his knees.

"Don't get caught by anyone. You shouldn't trust anyone except hyungnim. Right, Channie?" Min asked before leaving. Chan nodded in response.

Min was long gone. It's been more than an hour but he didn't return. Chan was being impatient and also it was so quiet and really terrifying to stay at a place in the middle of nowhere. Don't know where to go.

"Hyungnim... Hyungnim..." He sobbed looking around himself.

"What if something happened to him... No... No... Hyungnim said he will be back to get me. What if he returns and doesn't find me here..." He talked to himself.

"Hyungnim! Hyungnim!" He shouted in hopes of finding him but no answer. Who knew Min was there behind the rock, casually watching the rich spoiled baby boy crying in his expensive sweet smelling hand knitted warm woolen clothes while he was wearing an overused hoodie whose colour has almost fainted and could be counted as an antique.

You are no fun, Chan. Should I do something?

Min jumped off the rock which made the sounds of leaves crushing which gained Chan's attention. He quickly ran towards the sound but found no one.

"Hyungnim... Hyungnim..."

Tears started falling down his cheeks.

"Hyungnim... please take me out of here. I am scared... please..." he sobbed hugging his knees.

Aigoo... you look so sweet crying like that Chan. I should really give you some gift for your cuteness.

Min found a snake who was peacefully climbing above a tree and quickly grabbed it by its mouth, throwing it towards his so damn loved brother.

My work is finished here I guess.

The snake, as soon as it hit the ground, was right infront of the boy who was crying infront of it. Chan's attention was soon gained by the hiss and the dead leaves crumbling sound. The snake would've thought Chan was a threat to it and moved as fast it could to attack him.

Chan on the other hand, couldn't move for a few seconds. He wanted to run but his body froze. He quickly lifted himself up and ran towards any random direction he could and climbed up a few branches of a tree and the snake couldn't reach him above directly so it started climbing the tree by circling around it.

As soon as the whole body of the snake was wrapped around the tree, Chan jumped off the tree and ran as fast as he could before the snake could even process what just happened with it. Poor snakeu.

Chan looked around, everything, everywhere was damn same. It felt like he was only going around the same place and gave up running anymore with those hurted legs.

He looked around to find no threats around and sat under the tree, resting his head.

It was past 6 in the evening, the sun was getting ready to set down. The surroundings filled with the sounds of birds who were flying back to their nests.

The sky looked red and beautiful. Chan was too mesmerized by the colour of the sky. It was his first time looking at such beautiful sky at this time of the day. But this beauty was only making him scared of what he has to do further and sat back again sobbing out.

A few minutes later, a few steps sounds were getting closer and closer towards him.

"Hyung! Hyungnim!" He called out between his sobs. He was clearly hoping it was Min.

But there were two boys eho reached up to where Chan was and got confused looking at the badly wounded boy.

"Are you lost?" One of them asked but Chan flinched and got scared. He took a few steps back and hid behind the tree. His hyungnim told him not to trust anyone except him. They might try to hurt him.

"Hey! We won't harm you aegi-ya. We are good people. You can come out. We will help you." Another boy came forward assuring him.

"No!" Chan refused again.

"Come on aegi. Its not safe. It will be dark soon. Many wild animals roam around here. Lets go..."

"Then hyungnim will be alone in the forest." Chan mumbled.

"Hyungnim?" The unknown boys said in sync.

"He must be still in the forest." Chan replied finally coming out from the tree.

"I think your hyungnim is already out of the forest. We didn't see anyone inside the forest. Let's get out of here." The boy  said holding his Chan's wrist.

Chan didn't believe him but he had no choice than believing his words and  started running out, dragging the boy with them. Even though Chan tried to resist but eventually gave up.

They stopped once they were out of the forest and fought for breathing properly. It was already dark by now and the forest looked even more scary.

"Where is your house? We will leave you there."