Thirty Two ○ First Kiss

"You have no idea how much hyung loves singing. He is crazy about it!" Mingyu spilled the tea.

"Really?! Then come hyung!" Chan excitedly pulled Jihoon to the stage which halted the ongoing programme.

The audience went silent as the music stopped.

"Hello everyone, it's a beautiful evening. Hope you all are enjoying the party." Chan spoke confidently on the mike. Jihoon was quite taken aback by the situation. Is he really going to sing in front of so many people?

"I have recently made a few good friends and hyung really loves singing and I guess we all want to listen to him. Do we?" He asked the audience and they all smiled and nodded as a response raising their champagne glasses in the air.

He smiled back at them and went to Jihoon who was awkwardly standing on the side of the stage.

"Chan, you are so confident... You really shine..." Jihoon was lost in words.

"It's time for you to shine, hyung."

Jihoon walked on the stage with very little confidence. Everyone put their attention on him and that made him even more nervous. He finally closed his eyes and left a deep sigh. He turned around towards the band and said something to them before joining the audience.

The band started playing the tune the young teenager had told them and the audience looked at each other thinking if they were hearing it right but yeah they did. Jihoon confidently held the mike and started the verse.

"sesang-e soli jilleo
I love you neol salanghandago
naui yeojaga doeeo dallago
nunbusyeo always you're my star
naega neol jikyeojulge"

The song was a major hit at that time and was talking of the town along with the drama. The kids were indeed now the f4 there.

Mingyu was proudly looking at his hyung being the perfectionist as ever. He couldn't take his eyes off from the stage. But there was someone was else too who couldn't take their eyes off of him. Min was constantly taking nice glances over the masterpiece that he considered, and was happily enjoying the moment. He had no interest in whatever else was going on around him. Only Min Min Couple moments mattered to him.

The parents were standing at the farther end of the hall. They occupied a table of 4 and were proudly admiring the boy on the stage. They were swaying their hands in the air to support him.

The audience too joined humming the chorus, "I can always, waiting for you".

They were all impressed by the strong vocals of the young kid who was enjoying his time on the stage. He finally bowed to the audience and stepped down the stage. He was almost having tears and Chan gladly hugged his hyung.

"You are the best singer!" Chan exclaimed and they went back to their seats.

"It's all alcohol here. I feel like puking with the smell." Mingyu said closing his nose. He was barely holding it till now and it was sickening. The new year countdown was almost near now.

"Let's go to my room's balcony." Chan suggested and escorted them.

Mingyu could finally breathe some good air. Others were suffocated too but only Mingyu voiced it.

"Okhay... So I have seen elders doing it. Can we also do the new year kiss thing?" Chan suggested shyly.

"New year kiss thing?" Mingyu asked as he had no idea.

"It's a tradition that I have seen elders do last year. They... They kiss each other after the countdown finishes." Chan explained.

"Shall we try it?! It sounds interesting!" Mingyu excitedly jumped.

"Well... We need to do it in pairs.... So..."

"Simple, Chan will kiss Min and I will kiss hyung." Mingyu said.

'’no... We aren't supposed to kiss blood related. I... I will kiss Hyung and Mingyu will kiss hyungnim." Chan said and looked at Min for approval.

Nothing in the world could replace the ecstasy that Min was feeling at the situation. It was a win-win situation.

The countdown soon started and teens and the kid stood in decided pairs while counting alongside the people on the ground floor.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2"

The count decreased but their heartbeats increased.

"1"

"Happy New Year!" The loud wishing was heard from the downstairs.

Mingyu awkwardly looked at Min and was about to close his eyes when the power was cut which left the whole city in darkness. The group flinched but stayed calm and composed. Chan was rather scared and held onto Jihoon tightly who was assuring him that everything is okay. He isn't alone.

Min gritted his teeth in frustration and wanted to throw everything out of the window. They walked to the open balcony and sighed.

A faint sound of someone's foot started approaching them but it was too dark to recognise who it was. The steps marched towards them and the person was slowly coming into the vision. Though they couldn't figure out who it was but with the height it was probably someone around their age. But his walk has grace.

The person pulled out their hand from their pocket and interlocked their fingers with Mingyu while pulling him closure. Mingyu quickly closed his eyes at the sudden pull on his body.

He slowly opened his eyes and traced the person's facial features with his thumb. It's someone he knew. Definitely someone he knew. Only one name came out of his mouth.

"Wonu-"

His words were cut by the soft lips attached to his own lips, who carefully sucked the honey flavored saliva from his mouth. Mingyu didn't resist and rather gave in at the moment. A faint sob left his mouth as tears were dwelling out of his eyes. His hands hugged the person tightly as if they would leave him the moment he loosened.

"I missed you..."

Bittersweet | Meanie | Minwonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें