Twenty Nine ○ Butterfly

Mingyu tightened his hold on Jihoon and his breath hitched. They somehow walked towards the source just to realise it was Min.

He tiptoed his way into the driveway of the jungle. It was too late for even adults to go there alone and Min just walked in as if it was his home.

Both the cousins looked at each other and shook their heads in a no. They knew better than following him at this hour. Both were actually scared and they barely knew them so it wasn't necessary for them to follow him in any way.

Mutually, they decided to ignore this even though they were curious. Maybe they would find a dead body tomorrow and these two might end up becoming criminals for not stopping him from going alone at such late hours.

They shrugged the thoughts as soon as they reached home and met with the smell of delicious food their mothers made for them.

They could hear their stomachs growling from hunger.

"Come on kids. It's dinner time!" Jihoon's mom called the cousins who were stuck at the door for some odd reasons.

Next Day

Mingyu's sleep was disturbed by the doorbell that rang for the third time within last 5 minutes. The elders were not home. They left early in the morning to the market while the kids were still sleeping soundly.

Jihoon was still asleep hugging the pillow and Mingyu didn't want to break his sleep. So he walked to the door taking lazy heavy steps. His hair totally ruined, opening only one eye and the tshirt hanging very loosely. He opened the door while scratching his head but found no one outside.

He sighed and locked the door and walked back but the door bell rang again.

"Coming!" He barely shouted in his morning voice.

He opened the door and again there was no one.

"Is it fun?! Whoever it is! COME OUT!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs but the roads were empty. Only sounds of birds and vehicles that were running on the distant highway from their house were the only sounds audible.

He turned around to go back in but his eyes fell on a rather similar box placed beside the door.

"Don't tell me I am receiving gifts from Santa himself." Mingyu rolled his sassy eyes and tore the perman themed gift wrapper.

Another butterfly, but this time it was not hurt and seemed healthy. He was mesmerized by the beautiful patterns on the wings.

He quickly walked inside and placed it inside the jar he prepared for the previous one

He quickly walked inside and placed it inside the jar he prepared for the previous one. Jihoon's sleep broke by the loud shouting of Mingyu. He might have woken up the whole neighborhood.

Dragging his lazy body with a cat like small footsteps towards the door, he found Mingyu looking at the jar which is not vacant anymore.

"Another Nabi??" Jihoon questioned.

"Yeah, someone left it again at the door." Mingyu said while having all his attention on the butterfly. He was happily playing with it.

"We need to find whoever it is. We don't know what is their intention. Is this even a good omen?" Jihoon expressed his thoughts.

"I don't know what could be wrong in gifting butterflies. I don't see any evil." Mingyu shrugged.

"Yeah, that's a point but I don't have a good feeling about this." Jihoon said while holding the jar of the butterfly.

"It's just an innocent butterfly. It didn't do any wrong." Mingyu complained.

"Yeah, it didn't. That is why it's staying with us." Jihoon said while smiling the younger after he examined the butterfly. It was a natural one and looked really delicate. As if you can hurt it by touching it.

The door bell rang again. "NOT AGAIN?!"

Mingyu stomped his way to the door and opened it harshly. It was Chan this time. His bodyguard was standing behind him, holding a box of cookies.

"Good Morning!!" He threw his innocent smile. He was clean and dressed up. The cousins looked at themselves. Dirtied clothes, smelly mouth and untamed hair. The difference was visible.

"Hello Chan!" Mingyu greeted. He didn't really care about his body odour and hugged him tightly. Tight enough to not let him breathe.

"Hyung... Leave me... I can't.... Breathe..." Chan stuttered in his hold.

"Are you the one sending me butterflies?" Mingyu asked gritting his teeth. He was still holding Chan really hard.

"Don't be silly Mingyu-ya, leave him." Jihoon said while breaking the hold.

"I don't know anything about any butterflies." Chan said in a low tone while hiding behind Jihoon, grabbing his tshirt.

Jihoon assured him safety and held his hand softly. "He is scary right,?" He asked Chan and received a nod in response.

"He can be hyper at times. You will get used to it ." Jihoon said ruffling his hair that Chan was liking very much.

"Sorry for scaring you kid." Mingyu apologized. Chan nodded.

Meanwhile, Min was happily listening from outside the house, how much Mingyu liked his gift. His courting gift.

---

If you find any plotholes in the story, please let me know

I wish I would complete this book atleast this year 👀👀