Chapter 4

Because in the previous life, Ji Tingyu had an accident before they got married. He was covered in injuries, and his temperament changed drastically. He was as cowardly and dull as an abused kitten, and He Zhuo still hasn't found out what happened back then.

  Calculating carefully, from falling in love with him to losing him completely, He Zhuo has only seen the best side of him, that is the high-spirited young man on the snow mountain, riding on horseback and asking him which family's young master he is.

  Fortunately, he doesn't have to rely only on imagination now.

  Not long after the assistant left, the old man's secretary contacted He Zhuo, and he used some means to obtain the voicemail recording of Ji Tingyu celebrating He Shifeng's birthday.

  Now the recording is quietly lying on the phone, but He Zhuo still dare not click on it.

  He hadn't heard Ji Tingyu's voice for a whole year...

  As if deliberately punishing him, after three years of marriage, Ji Tingyu never left even a single sound or image at home.

  He Zhuo thought that when he thought of going crazy, he didn't think about anything, he couldn't hear his voice, he couldn't see his face, only the withered yellow hair and the small blackened stone.

  He once tried to drink wildly to get himself drunk, thinking that he could dream of the other party when he was drunk. But Ji Tingyu never came into his dreams.

  Even if it came, it would be a nightmare. He Zhuo had repeatedly dreamed about his death.

  Dreamed that he dragged his two broken legs and crawled in a pool of blood, dreamed that he turned into a kitten and was scorched by fire.

  Sometimes the kitten will also say a few words to him "with great mercy", and ask him when he collapses to the point of wanting to kill himself: "Brother Zhuo, why are you doing this to me? Don't you like me..."

  "I was burned so badly so sorely, please, please save me..."

  During countless nights when he dared not sleep, these nightmares have tortured He Zhuo until he died, but death is not a relief, no matter how long it has passed, as long as he thinks about these dreams, his heart will be pierced with pain.

  He sat on the head of the bed, clasped the phone tightly with his fingers, and his phalanges trembled slightly due to the force.

  When he clicked on the short recording belonging to Ji Tingyu and pointed the phone to his ear, he was almost so nervous that he stopped breathing.

  Then, a voice that seemed to be a smile but not a smile came out slowly: "Hi, hello, I'm Ji Tingyu."

  He Zhuo closed his eyes suddenly, and a drop of water slipped out of his icy blue eyes, as if the sea was weeping.

  Xiaoyu...I miss you so much...

  -

  Ten minutes before the start of the press conference, the assistant called for someone as ordered, but the room was empty.

  He went to the bathroom and knocked on the door gently: "Mr. He, are you in?"

  No one answered.

  Knocked again: "Mr. He?"

  There was still no sound, and the assistant walked out strangely.

  At this time, in the bathroom separated by a door, He Zhuo was leaning his back against the wall, raised his head, closed his eyes tightly, and his rapidly rolling Adam's apple seemed to be forcibly suppressing something.