Chapter 47

This feeling is like knowing that there is a disgusting maggot crawling on the bone, spying on him all the time, but there is no way to pull him out.

On the way back, it was cloudy in the valley, and there was heavy snow on the way.

The whole team followed Ji Tingyu into a depression.

He sat in the back seat of the Wrangler without saying a word.

The wind blew in from the window with a mean chill, brushing the warm orange fluff on the tips of his ears one by one.

There was a rustling sound behind him, a big warm hand touched his shoulder and neck, slid down the arm, and covered his slightly smaller hand

Ji Tingyu smiled, lowered his head and buried his face in his warm palm.

The unique smell of He Zhuo is lingering like vines. Ji Tingyu's nose was sour and numb as if he had choked on lemon tea.

"What are you afraid of?" He Zhuo stroked his hair with his fingertips, his voice was very soft, like the raving sent by the mountain wind.

afraid of what?

Ji Tingyu couldn't tell.

In fact, he was not surprised by today's result. When he was recovering from illness at Nien's house, he tried to bypass William to seek help from his superiors, but all the news he sent fell to nothing. He didn't even know who to hold accountable for the "burnt corpse" that was inexplicably sent to replace him.

After he was rescued, he dreamed several times in the middle of the night, and he felt deeply afraid.

If there is no He Zhuo, if he fails to escape from this snowy field, how easily will William and his network wipe out this little man in the files of the war correspondent, and replace him with an obedient puppet? All the achievements he has made.

Many years later, no one may remember that his Chinese cat also made modest contributions to the disclosure of international wars.

When I think about it carefully, I'm probably afraid that my ideals will be buried, my name will be obliterated, that this group of team members will be harmed innocently by following me, and that my own bravery will eventually be no match for the vortex of power.

But these things are too heavy, and He Zhuo has no obligation to bear them with him, so the cat complained jokingly like it did when he was a child: "I am a lone wolf, no one is guarding me, and they all bully me."

"Who said you have no cover?"

"You think too simply, and a deep listen is not enough."

"What if it's not just listening."

"Not only him, but you also—"

The voice stopped abruptly, and Ji Tingyu suddenly froze.

He raised his face from He Zhuo's palm, belatedly remembering the day when he confessed to himself at the door of Big Beard's house...

"You said earlier that your English name is Damon. What's your last name?"

He Zhuo didn't answer his question.

He just turned sideways, stretched out his other arm around Ji Tingyu's lower abdomen, and imprisoned him completely in his arms.

This is an intimate pose for couples.

Ji Tingyu thought about it slowly and shyly, his thin waist arched sensitively, but he pushed himself deeper into He Zhuo's arms, his thin back pressed against his warm chest.

The waist that had been licked and kissed in such an amorous way gave rise to an electric wave for no reason, as if a feather was brushing against it.

It turns out that the feeling of skin-to-skin contact is so wonderful.