004

F O U R
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

TW ⚠️: Mental abuse

My mom officially went to a clinic. I had brought her there the morning after I was told to sell the house. For once, she sobered up a little bit. Had kissed me. Hugged me, and cried. I shedded a tear too, but promised myself this was better. That she would be fine.

And now I stood behind the bar again, taking up orders with circles under my eyes. The friend group had the map in front of them again, not seeming to bother my presence. I would have money to pay for a trip to Europe soon, but didn't want to bug them to let me come with them, since they clearly didn't seem very interested anymore.

"Hey." I shook out of my thoughts, finding a smiling Sonya in front of me. "You okay?"

I forced a fake smile. "Yeah, fine. What about you? How's the planning going?"

"Great." She smiled even brighter. They must've succeeded. "I got money from my parents and from my own piggy bank. Newt too. Minho already had money, Fry told us he would do anything to go to Europe, and Thomas promised he had money too."

"That's awesome." My smile turned a bit realer. I was happy for them, and that they could go and visit different countries in Europe.

"We were wondering if you managed to gather some money, too." She added, her eyes filling with a curiosity I didn't really enjoy at first, but then my stomach made a happy jump.

I shrugged a bit. Laughed. "Yeah. I, uh, got money now. Enough money."

She didn't question anything else. "That's amazing! Guess I'll see you in Spain." A wink, and she left.

I looked down again, focusing on decorating cupcakes, and not the fact that I didn't have a house anymore. One disadvantage, if I spent the money on the holidays, I wouldn't have a place to stay when I came back.

"Excuse me?" A male voice asked. In the corner of my eye, I could see him standing in front of the bar. "Can I get a coffee? Black, please."

"Yeah. Sure." I turned around, hurrying to make the coffee.

"I heard you scraped some money together."

Then I recognized the voice. Minho. A good, yet weird shiver went down my spine, which made me frown. "Yeah, uh, I got it."

"How?"

"Oh, well. Your money made it just enough to... have enough." I let my teeth sink into my bottom lip again.

I wouldn't tell anyone about the house. They would think I was some weak thing. With a weird mother and no father. As if I was asking them to stay at their houses, without using any words.

"It was thirty dollars. That's not a ticket for a plane, Quinn." He told me. And god, the way he said my name was just... amazing. Or normal. Probably normal. Hopefully. Definitely very normal.

I spun back around and handed him the coffee. "That'll be three dollars, sir." I said, as if he was a normal customer. Well, he was, actually.

A smile that looked more like a grin formed on his face. "Thank you, ma'am."

I rubbed my cheek, chuckling a bit. "You're welcome. Enjoy."