065

S I X T Y - F I V E
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Later that day, Minho entered the house again. He didn't talk to anyone, even when they asked if he was okay. All he did was motion for me to walk with him, which I did.

We went outside. Twilight was starting to fall, a light breeze hitting me as I immediately felt the goosebumps from the cold air on my skin. Minho walked next to me. No words were shared, we just walked for about five minutes.

Then eventually, he spoke. "Sorry I reacted like that towards you." A pause that was too short for me to reply in. "I thought about it for a while, and I get that you didn't tell me. Of course it would've been nicer if you did, but it's understandable."

I shrugged as I avoided eye contact with him. "Yeah. I guess."

"I was just... shocked." He continued. "But now I never want to see that boy again. I hate him."

"He's been your friend for years." I frowned at the thought of Minho saying those words. "And you really just say you hate him? I mean, I hate him too, but... you know."

"Yes, I fucking hate him." He grunted. "He's a manipulative piece of shit, who's only out for money and beating up women. Including the one I love more than anything."

Butterflies warmed me up slightly, and yet I had to say, "But you've only known me for two months."

"Two months and you proved that you're worth a lot more than the friend I had for four years." Minho exhaled quietly. "You don't understand how much I love you, Quinn."

"I do know how much you love." I relaxed my muscles. "You tell me every night. I say it back because I love you even more."

He shook his head. "No. You don't understand. You don't get that I would go crazy if I didn't see you for a week. How locked up I would feel without you. I would do anything for you, Quinn. Any-freaking-thing. And that's only two months of knowing you. More chances for me to love you even more."

The woman was too stunned to speak.

So Minho went on, "And now I'd like you to tell me everything about Aiden. So you won't have to hide stuff for me anymore. And I can respect you like he never did. Shit like that."

"Okay." I nodded, followed by a deep breath in. "Well, I met him at a bar. Back then I lived with my mother, but she was addicted and everyday was hard to get through. So, there I was, just drinking a coke to calm down. He sat down next to me and started a talk with the bartender. He was making jokes I quietly laughed at, gave me smiles, and paid for my second drink."

Minho didn't interrupt me as I talked. He just listened attentively.

"I got in a conversation with him. He offered to bring me home, but I wasn't that clueless and said I could walk by myself. He asked my number before I left. Next day, he called me. Asked if we could meet again. I had found him nice, so obviously agreed. This went on for a few weeks, and I fell in love. We kissed when he brought me back home after another night at the bar. Next day he asked me to be his girlfriend." A pause. "Things went nicely. He treated me amazingly. Two months later, he found out about my mom being addicted. Asked if I wanted to live in his apartment. I agreed and decided to just take care of Mom in the mean while.

"But the longer we lived together, the more controlling he got. And I didn't even notice. He wouldn't allow me to go to the bar anymore. I found that protective. He didn't want me to speak to any boys. I thought he was warning me for creeps. He often threw things against the wall when he was angry. Called me stuff, blamed me for things... but he never hit me until I got home two hours late. My mom had thrown up, broke glasses, and spilled drinks everywhere in our house. It took me a while to clean, so that's why I was late. It was only a slap against my cheek.

"Through the years it only got worse. He wanted to check my phone. Wouldn't allow me to look at his." Tears formed in my eyes by telling this. I blinked them away. "Things like that. I was often cleaning his shit up. Much furniture was broken because of the fights we had."

Minho sat down on a bench at the side of an empty road. I joined next to him.

"There's been a few times where he left me sobbing on the floor, pain in my body and sometimes spats of blood... but that didn't happen a lot, luckily. Mostly just one hit or slap or kick." I explained. "I was three years in a relationship with him."

Minho's jaw was tight. "So you were fifteen?" He asked coldly.

"Yeah." Full of shame, I stared at the ground again. "I had grown so used to it that I thought it was normal for boyfriends to do that sort of things."

All he did was nod, expecting more to follow.

"There was a period of time where I hated physical touch more than anything. I kept flinching when someone raised their hand or reached out to something. I hated it when they even slightly touched my leg or arm. It made me feel so... dirty." I blinked more tears away. "Because there were nights were he had done whatever he wanted. Told me he had a long day and needed relaxation. I got bruises on my hips from his hands. And then he told me to sleep on the couch because he needed time to recover. He would say he didn't want me clinging around him again."

Minho was muttering things I barley understood. "Bastard... murder... hate," were the few things I got.

"I'm so sorry." He then whispered, fully turning to me and embracing me in a tighter hug than ever. "So, so sorry all that happened to you."

I let go of a breath during the hug, but wasn't done yet, "Did he ever mention me?"

His hold on me tightened. "Yeah, he did. He didn't say your name or what you were like, but we all knew he had a girlfriend he lived with. He always laughed in a disrespecting way while talking about you. Told us you were cleaning again. And how you barely made any money." Minho said quietly. "And other shit I don't want to repeat. He was talking about you like... like— I don't even know. Just weirdly."

"Oh." That genuinely hurt.

"I love you so much." He proceeded to whisper. "And I will never ever talk about you like that. I'll never touch you when you're not comfortable or do stuff with you without your consent. I'll never hurt you. Not physically, mentally... nothing."

"Thank you." Was all I could say. My breathing got taken away. This man was perfect. Indescribably perfect.

"I promise." He muttered. "And I will keep it. I promise that too."

I nodded, face buried in his neck. "I promise too."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

A/n: Just wanted to mention that I published another fanfic!! I won't forget about this one, I promise! And the updates won't slow down either. It's a Thomas x OC, called 'Hiraeth'.

Hope you enjoyed!! ❤️