046

F O R T Y - S I X
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

TW ⚠️: Discussion of abuse

"Princess?" Minho came walking over to me.

It was dark outside by now. We saw texts of everyone else that they were in the city and would have dinner there, too. So Minho and I stayed in my room.

He had a serious, concerned look on his face as he sat down on the bed, right in front of me. "Can we talk for a second?"

I put my book down. "Yeah, of course. What is it?"

"Well... I don't know how to say this." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Okay. Uh... so, about what you told me today... the relationship you had in the past— I'm not jealous or anything that has to do with that, I just want to... clear things up."

"Okay." I nodded. This was it. He wanted rules. Here it would start. But if I just behaved it would be fine.

"Uh." He seemed in a loss of words. "So your ex didn't allow you to look in his phone?"

"Nope." I smiled. "I like that that's different with you. Have you ever been in a relationship before?"

"No, I haven't. Not really."

"Oh. Hm." I rested my back against the wall. "But you do know what to do? Have any ideas?"

"Of...?"

"Rules." I said. "I mean, apparently you do allow me to look through your phone. But what can or can't I do? I can hang out with Thomas, right? You told me I could."

"Yeah... right." He blinked a few times, looking so shocked it confused me. "Rules?"

"Mhm." I nodded. "Rules."

"Quinn..." He started. "There aren't supposed to be any rules in relationships."

A frown formed on my face. "Yes, there are."

"No." He shook his head. "That's not normal."

"What do you mean?" A shiver ran down my spine. "Not normal?"

He was silent for a long time. Just watched me with his lips pressed together. "All right. I'm just gonna ask you some questions, you'll answer me. Yeah?"

"Okay."

Minho scratched the back of his head. "What kind of... uh, rules, did your ex have?" 

I looked at the ceiling, thoughtful as I summarized the rules. "No hanging out with other boys, looking on his phone, sleeping in a bed with him during my period, no going out without letting him check my clothes... and more, but I don't remember everything. I guess we have to go through them again. I don't want to break any rules."

He stared and stared and stared, mouth half open but nothing coming out for a long time.
"Okay. Uh, right. And what if you broke the rules?"

"Depended."

"On...?"

"Which ones I broke." I said it as if the answer was obvious.